VP Maine Timberlands
Katahdin Forest Management, a division of Acadian Timber
Acadian Timber (TSX:ADN) is seeking its next VP Maine Timberlands to lead its business in Maine.
The VP Maine Timberlands is a key member of Acadian Timber’s management team, responsible for the business in Maine, including a team of foresters and all aspects of forest and land management.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Leadership - Provide leadership in the continuous improvement of Acadian Timber’s business in Maine.
- Develop and deliver on annual and five-year plans for KFM.
• Safety & Environment - Responsible for all aspects of safety for KFM.
- Represent KFM in all environmental matters.
- Ensure KFM is compliant with all state laws and regulations, KFM’s Environmental Policy, Forest Management Values and Goals, working forest conservation easement, outcome based forestry, SFI® and best management practices and procedures.
• Forest Management - Oversee harvesting, silviculture and road construction and maintenance activities.
- Recruit, setup, and oversee contractors.
- Market and sell all wood products.
- Supply mills with wood product meeting specifications.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
College or University degree in a Forestry program, and a minimum of 10 years of relevant forestry experience. Leadership experience, contract negotiation, and business background are desirable.
College or University degree in a Business program would be considered an asset.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Maine licensed forester or the ability to achieve such designation in a timely manner.
- Valid driver’s license
Candidates interested in this permanent position and who possess the described skills are invited to submit their resumes no later than June 25th, 2021 to Acadian Timber by Email: HR@acadiantimber.com or/ Fax: (506) 356-4281.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.