Schedule: Regular Full-time
Job Summary: Reprocessing endoscopes for GI and Pulmonary cases, assisting with endoscopy procedures; cleaning and restocking procedure rooms. Assist as needed in Pre Procedure and PACU areas.
· High school diploma required.
· Previous experience in hospital setting required.
· SGNA Associates Course completed within one year of hire required.
· SGNA Certification within two years of hire required.
· Graduate of a Certified Surgical Technologist Program preferred.
Other Skill Requirements:
· Ability to work in a fast paced setting.
· Must be a team player.
· Ability to pay attention to detail a must.
Physical Requirements: Visual acuity, color vision and tactile sensation are necessary to hear physician responses and request to identify and operate equipment. The ability to read English, manual dexterity, visual acuity and color vision are required to check for outdates, to locate appropriate instruments and manipulate and clean instruments. The Endoscopy technician must possess the degree of total body strength necessary to assist patients to and from bed and to assist the physician with endoscopic procedures. Must have the ability to push and pull endo carts and stretchers. Must have the ability to assist with lifting, pushing 200+ lbs. patients with other healthcare workers.
Working Environment: Fast paced endoscopy unit. Lifting, pushing, pulling, and standing on a daily basis.
Equal Opportunity Employment