- The overall purpose and function of the job is to, under minimal supervision; manage specific assigned responsibilities as it relates to budgets, financial reporting, and financial planning. The position is responsible for supporting and assuring accurate preparation of division operating budgets, serve as the financial consultant for operational departments and Service Lines, and assist in the preparation of the monthly financial statement presentation. Along with the manager, this position leads the annual operating and capital budget process and ongoing variance and financial reporting.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
1. Bachelors degree is Accounting or Finance. MBA or CPA preferred.
2. Five to seven years experience in accounting and the analysis of accounting reports.
3. Analytical skills to collect pertinent information necessary to analyze complex problems, formulate sound solutions and implement those solutions.
4. Ability to organize workload to meet deadlines.
5. Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of hospital financial management.
6. Knowledge of the principles and practices of hospital administration.
7. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, as well as information systems capabilities, procedures and practices. Extensive Microsoft Excel experience is a must. Experience with Strata is a plus.
8. Knowledge of accounting, finance, and reimbursement principles normally acquired through completion of a degree program in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
9. Ability to function within a rapid time period, knowledge of the structural, functional and internal relationships of hospital departments.
10. Experience in a health care environment preferred.
11. Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with both internal and external personnel in multiple disciplines, on a variety of complex issues. The ability to function as part of a team is critical.