$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS!*
*Current MaineHealth employees not eligible for the sign on bonus. Must be separated from MaineHealth system for 3 months to be eligible.
MHRT/A required, MHRT/C preferred
This is an outstanding opportunity for a Case Manager to join a highly skilled care team and provide Case Management services for clients across a spectrum of needs at our Rockland Outpatient Practice in the Behavioral Health Homes (BHH) team
Case management is a supported service designed to improve the quality of life for individuals who have behavioral health or special developmental needs. These dedicated professionals determine the person’s strengths and needs and then help identify and access resources and services to promote independence and integration in the community.
The Case Manager will:
- Effectively collaborate with client’s care team, including medical providers, family members and support system, and promote a team based approach to care and productive communication;
- Provide client/family psycho-education that promotes awareness and understanding of rights, resources, and stabilization of support for clients and/or families.
- Support the achievement of positive outcomes for all assigned clients and that direct-service practices are consistent with the organization’s vision, mission and values.
- Provide services in a manner and language appropriate to the age and comprehensive level of the clients and their families.
- Promote the BHH Team approach to client care, supporting BHH groups, Intentional Peer Services and appropriate use of Nurse Care Manager.
Behavioral Health Homes are a MaineCare service designed to help you manage your mental and physical health needs. This service is available through community mental health providers such as Maine Behavioral Healthcare.
Maine Behavioral Healthcare provides an array of services at our outpatient practices for adults, adolescents and children challenged with mental health, developmental disorders, co-occurring and/or substance use issues. Specifically, our Rockland location provides these, Psychiatry & Medication Management, Child Psychiatry, IMAT Program, IOP, Outpatient Counseling, Therapy Groups, Peer Support, and Case Management Services.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a specialization in psychology, behavioral health, social work, special education, counseling, rehabilitation or closely related field is required.
- License/Certifications: Eligibility for LSW licensure preferred. MHRT A or B required, MHRT/C preferred. Valid Driver’s license and appropriate level of automobile liability insurance.
- Experience: 1+ year of experience in the same areas of specialization. 2+ years of experience working with a broad spectrum of clients with mental health diagnoses is required. Prior experience with clinical methods and techniques used in supportive counseling as related to mental health and/or substance abuse issues is required.
- Excellent computer skills are required: Microsoft Word, Excel and use of electronic consumer record software
- Knowledge and commitment to abide by the Code of Ethics of the National Association of Social Workers
MaineHealth was ranked one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes!
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system whose vision is, “Working together so our communities are the healthiest in America.” MaineHealth consists of nine local health systems, a comprehensive behavioral health care network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and 1,700 employed clinicians working together through the MaineHealth Medical Group. With approximately 22,000 care team members, MaineHealth provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire. Learn more about our system at mainehealth.org
At MaineHealth, we offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our packages include health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with health care professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the well-being of our communities and care team members. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Join us, and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to a new level.