Northern Light Mayo Hospital
Department: Food and Nutrition Services
Position is located: Mayo Hospital
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Variable
Responsible for food preparation and general supervision of food service when the Dietitian and/or Assistant Dietitian is absent.
- Documents and completes End of Shift lists daily.
- Documents and completes Weekend Cleaning list.
- Reads Communication Board Daily while at work.
- Responsible for preparation of patient meals and to assure all items meet diet as prescribed.
- Delivers trays to patients and helps them open milk and set up if indicated.
- Introduces self when entering patient room.
- Washes hands appropriately and frequently.
- Follows through with requests from our customers/patients.
- Delivers and returns patient food carts.
- Maintains orderly flow of kitchen especially in absence of Food Service Manager.
- Keep work area clean and neat.
- Prepares food according to approved recipes.
Competencies and skills:
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Effectively Communicates: Listens, speaks and writes appropriately, using clear language. Communication methods are fitting to the message(s), audience, and situation and follow-ups are regular and timely. Shows that important (non-) verbal information is absorbed and understood and asks further questions to clarify when necessary. Expresses ideas and views clearly to others and has ability to adjust use of language to the audiences' level.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* No previous experience required.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* No Minimum Requirement
* Potential exposure to noise levels being uncomfortable.
* Potential exposure to very hot or cold temperatures.
* Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
* Lifting, moving and loading 30 to 50 pounds.
* Continuous kneeling.
* Continuous standing.
* Continuous walking.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status