Integrates, cleans, analyzes and presents data in support of the assigned project and/or department. Uses applied statistics, sampling, univariate, multivariate, and time to event analytic techniques which encompass study design, implementation and data management, monitoring and reporting. The individual in this role must be able to work independently.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Master’s degree required.
5-7 years’ experience analyzing data required. 3-5 years in healthcare preferred.
Advanced knowledge of and experience with spreadsheet, relational database, graphics and word processing software is required. Advanced skills with at least one statistical software package is required, e.g. SAS, R, STATA, SPSS. Proficiency with multiple statistical software packages is preferred.
Experience in working with large clinical and/or administrative claims databases, including both for management and analysis is desirable.
Capable of searching and critically appraising medical literature.
Ability to work and interact with multiple departments.
Ability to manage and lead multiple projects.
Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to convey complex concepts to a diverse audience.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are essential attributes for this position.
Ability to pay attention to detail.
Teaching and supervisory skills are highly desirable.
- Designs and implements data collection strategies as needed.
- Acquires existing data from multiple sources; integrates data from new and existing data sources.
- Collaborates with other departments to access data.
- Treats data with appropriate security and confidentiality.
- Operates database and analysis software.
- Performs management of large clinical and/or administrative databases.
- Designs data collection tools, databases, data entry processes and maintenance protocols.
- Stays current in knowledge and proficiency of multiple databases and analysis software systems.
Designs studies, analyzes data, and reports findings
- Assists investigators to translate information needs into questions that can be answered with available data.
- Participates in discussions about research design.
- Performs analysis of large clinical and/or administrative databases using applied statistics, sampling, univariate, multivariate, and time dependent techniques.
- Creates tables and figures of results.
- Supports data needs of project teams.
- Provides data for annual reports, grant proposals and reports, and training presentations.
- Participates in manuscript writing.
Assists in Project Management
- score: N/A
- Assists in setting project schedules.
- Implements project plans and assists in leading team members
- Assists in clearly defining goals and objectives.
- Assists in recruitment of qualified team members and building a functional team.
- Assists in assigning work and estimating resources for completion.
- Assists in developing timelines, budgets, progress reports, etc.