Are you looking for a job where YOU can make a DIFFERENCE in people’s lives? Where YOUR voice and ideas MATTER? Are you interested in a career in healthcare or gaining invaluable experience while going to school?
If so, please consider joining the MaineHealth team at Spring Harbor Hospital!
$2,000 SIGN-ON BONUS!*
*Current MaineHealth employees not eligible for the sign on bonus. Must be separated from MaineHealth system for 3 months to be eligible.
Psychiatric Technicians are integral and highly valued members of our multidisciplinary team who work with medical staff, nurses, social workers, occupational therapists and other team members providing exceptional care to adults, adolescent and children with behavioral health conditions. Spring Harbor Hospital offers an extensive orientation to the role of Psychiatric Tech including classroom instruction, online courses and unit-based observation.
- As a Psychiatric Technician, you will:
- Contribute to the achievement of quality care and positive patient outcomes.
- Maintain a safe and therapeutic milieu.
- Provide emotional support.
- Encourage patient participation in programming.
- Facilitate activities and provide supervision.
- Reinforce desired behaviors.
- Offer redirection and early intervention to maintain a safe environment for all.
MaineHealth also offers all eligible team members a generous benefit package including paid time off, tuition reimbursement, medical/dental/vision insurance, employer 403b contributions, and shift differentials.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
1. Education: High School diploma and equivalent experience preferred. Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or Social Services preferred.
2. License/Certifications: N/A
3. Experience: N/A
4. Demonstrates a proficiency in all aspects at the entry level position.
5. Must be able to annually demonstrate competency in seclusion and restraint training.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.