Must do Echo/OB/General
7am - 7-pm ~ 2-12 hour shifts
New grad rate: 29.08
Sign on bonus with 2-year commitment:
- $3500 - new grad - 2 years' experience
- $6000 - 2+ years' experience
Will train for mammo if desired
JOB SUMMARY AND SCOPE
Under the direction of the Radiologist, performs diagnostic sonographic procedures at a high technical level. Performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment. Prioritizes the patient as the main focus of the position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Proficient in abdomen, OB/GYN, Vascular and small parts examinations
- Review patient history and results of prior diagnostic studies
- Records images using proper identification information
- Reviews study with Radiologist as needed
- Maintains positive and professional atmosphere for patients
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills necessary to effectively interact with patients
- Assists physician in performance of related examination such as fine needle aspiration, biopsy, thoracentesis, etc.
- Maintains room stock and supplies
- Reports equipment failure to Imaging Manager
- Seeks out needed information by staying informed and involved by attending meetings, reading memos, policies, meeting minutes, newsletters, email and other appropriate information in a timely manner.
- Uses patient handling equipment appropriate to the needs of the individual patient in keeping with the Safe Patient and Handling and Movement Policy.
- Reliable attendance and punctuality, including observing appropriate break times and extending a scheduled shift when necessary to meet patient demands
- Performs duties in a safe manner, in compliance with all safety policies and procedures
- Complies with the Code of Conduct and all appropriate policies and procedures
- Other duties, as assigned, that are relevant to the position and department
- ARRT and/or ARDMS certification or ARDMS eligible
- State of Maine license
- One year experience is preferred but not required
- Graduate of an approved school of Radiologic Technology or graduate of an approved ultrasound school
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to scan all body parts
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND ENVIRONMENT
Moderate: Occasionally lifts up to 25 pounds independently. Occasionally pushes/pulls 100 pounds. Stands or walks often. Exhibits fine motor skills and manual dexterity necessary to perform the essential job functions of the position. Ergonomic risk that comes with scanning.
Exposure Category I: Employee at risk for exposure to blood borne pathogens.
- Maintains current knowledge of the hospital-wide Quality Improvement Program.
- Collaborates with management to improve the effectiveness of the department through the Quality Improvement plans and processes.
- Participates in the departmental and hospital-wide Quality Improvement activities as directed by the manager.
- Adheres to the federal, state, and local statutes and regulations.
- Adheres to the Compliance Program policies and procedures of Down East Community.
- Adheres to all Privacy and Security policies and procedures of Down East Community.
- Communicates any concern related to compliance issues to manager of department or Compliance Officer.
- Communicates any concern related to confidentiality issues to the Privacy Officer.