POSITION: Bangor Support Relationship Manager
DEPARTMENT: Bangor Support
WHAT YOU’LL DO: The Bangor Support Relationship Manager’s primary responsibility is to manage and grow Bangor Savings Bank’s online and contact center lending channels. Build and maintain a portfolio of clients with a focus on meeting complex borrowing needs as well as cross-solving for other financial needs. Foster Bangor Savings’ reputation for providing the world’s best customer experience.
WHAT WE’LL DO: Bangor Savings Bank was recently ranked by JD Power as the Highest in New England for Retail Banking Customer Satisfaction. We are growing in Maine and Northern New England and proud to be one of the Best Places to Work, a top SBA Lender, and top MSHA lender. Joining BSB, you can count on our promise: To remain true to the mission of our founders and deliver our You Matter More promise to help our employees, customers, and communities prosper.
Customer Experience: Personalize experiences, find ways to help, use customer’s names, smile genuinely and demonstrate the “You Matter More” experience. Exhibit our core values:
· Participate in the sales and coaching process to meet individual and team goals
· Build internal referral network with call center associates
· Educate and motivate call center associates to build sales skills and generate leads
· Support business development, sales, and marketing strategy
· Handle complex service issues and enlists support of appropriate staff for advanced problem resolution
Customer Interactions/Business Development: Engage with customers in a dynamic environment by actively listening and encouraging ongoing conversation to uncover opportunities to deepen customer relationships.
- Maintain current knowledge of features and benefits of all products, services and digital solutions
- Recognize customer needs to identify daily banking, borrowing, protecting, saving and referral opportunities
- Assist with call volume in accordance with critical staffing plan
- Originate and expand customer relationships through business development
- Manage loan portfolio, identify and offer loan solutions that meet the borrower’s financial goals
Operations: Support staffing levels. Follow risk management policies and procedures and ensure that the Bank is in compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
General: Conform to standards for punctuality, attendance and professionalism per the Employee Handbook.
· High school diploma or equivalent required; college, business, banking or professional training helpful
· Two years’ experience in sales, retail banking, lending, customer service and/or operations
· Adeptly and efficiently navigates technology such as Windows based programs, and Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel). Comfortable using, advising on, and engaging customers in digital and other self-service technology (iPhones, Androids, etc.)
Physical demands/conditions requirements:
- General office environment/general office equipment
- May be required to move bags of coin short distances. Moderate lifting (up to 50 lbs.) required.
- Moderate reaching, walking, sitting and standing required
External and internal applications, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on an individual basis.
Bangor Savings Bank is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.