MEMIC’s Summer Internship Program identifies college students who want real-world experience that will allow them to gain valuable knowledge and skills within his or her field of study. This opportunity can either be a paid internship or can be credited towards the student’s degree. The program will last 11 weeks and begin on June 3rd and end on August 16th. This opportunity will be full-time (37.5 hours per week).
The Communications Intern will assist other staff in producing a range of corporate communications content as well as researching and assisting with the company's public relations efforts. The internship will offer practical experience in research, print and video production, graphic design and website maintenance.
- Assists with writing, editing and designing for publication brochures, educational material, advertisements, marketing presentations and other print and electronic collateral for the company and its subsidiary.
- Assists in developing and distributing content for company’s corporate website, Intranet and social media sites.
- Assists in planning for advertising, public relations and other related campaigns.
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree. Communications majors preferred.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Classroom coursework or working knowledge of graphic and multimedia authoring tools is preferred (e.g. Adobe Creative Cloud).
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and have strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to work and succeed in a team-oriented environment.
- Must be creative.