Our client, based in Lewiston, is seeking a Vice President of Marketing, Sales, and Communications to lead all activities related to developing strategic sales plans based on company goals that will promote sales growth and enhance customer satisfaction for the organization. The VP of Marketing, Sales, and Communications will conceptualize and implement market strategies and achieve marketing targets to drive awareness, engagement, and revenue.
Specific responsibilities include business and market development; market research and planning; strategic direction for promotion and advertising; and hiring and directing the day-to-day activities of marketing staff.
• Provide leadership for marketing strategy, and management and communications.
• Build, develop and manage a sales and marketing team capable of carrying out needed sales, service and communication initiatives.
• Provide leadership and support for the design, development, and implementation of products and service lines.
• Develop new markets and recommend improvements in products and services.
• Manage multiple channel selling strategies.
• Oversee and provide direction of the market competitor analysis.
• Develop sales strategies to meet operating and financial goals.
• Develop the annual marketing plan and the strategies, tactics and resources necessary to achieve company goals.
• Develop communication strategies and planning in conjunction with the Executive Team.
• Determine and direct the overall positioning strategy of public relations plans.
• Provide leadership, direction and management of the marketing research function.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Leaders within organizations are expected to lead with integrity, humility, strategic vision, curiosity, and discipline. They must be self-motivated, highly effective and compassionate communicators, effectively leading people, managing work processes, and actively engaging in continuous process improvement. Competencies specific to this position include: Financial Management Leadership Teamwork Orientation Strategic Thinking Business Acumen Personal Effectiveness/Credibility Communication Proficiency Presentation Skills Problem solving/Analysis Results-driven Customer focus.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in cross-discipline marketing and communication (PR, marketing, advertising, communications, web).
• Undergraduate degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
• Demonstrated expertise in all marketing, sales, and communications functions, including marketing strategy/planning, digital communication strategy, online and traditional marketing, event marketing, collateral and commercial development and production, social media, public relations, publications, and group sales; in depth knowledge of and established relationships with regional print and broadcast media; and a proven ability to successfully manage and execute internal and external communications and crisis communications.
• Experience with CRMs and big data; proven track record of success in utilizing data and analytics to increase constituent engagement and drive revenue.
• Experience in building, mentoring and coaching a team of marketing, sales, and communications specialists; ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff at all levels to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment.
• Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive.
• Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented, with strong attention to detail.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, sense of humor, highly intuitive, connector.