WHAT YOU’LL DO: Lead a team seeking to provide the world’s best customer experience. Help customers and achieve sales goals by identifying financial needs and by offering appropriate services. Develop expertise in consumer and business lending to expand relationships, serving as a trusted advisor. Coach team members and oversee operations.
WHAT WE’LL DO: We are growing in Maine and Northern New England and proud to be one of the Best Places to Work, a top SBA Lender, and top MSHA lender. Bangor Savings Bank also recently received Highest Customer Satisfaction with Retail Banking in New England by J.D. Power® 1. Joining BSB, you can count on our promise: To remain true to the mission of our founders and deliver our You Matter More promise to help our employees, customers, and communities prosper.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Exhibit Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Responsibility, Excellence, Teamwork, Diversity, Independence and Community.
Provide Leadership: Foster a positive, team-oriented environment where employees can’t imagine working anyplace else
· Lead the sales and sales-coaching process to achieve individual and team goals
· Invest in the community through civic engagement and strategic event sponsorship
· Earn customer advocacy by personalizing experiences and being genuinely helpful
· Develop external advocates through robust engagement with customers, prospects and influencers
· Lead recruiting, hiring, performance management and career development of team members
· Set business development, sales, and local market strategy
Sales and Servicing: Engage with customers in a dynamic environment by actively listening and encouraging ongoing conversation to uncover opportunities to deepen customer relationships.
- Listen actively to identify financial needs, including daily banking, borrowing, saving and referral opportunities
- Proactively identify, schedule and conduct external business calls to originate and expand customer relationships
- Contact existing customers to review relationships, discover opportunities and onboard customers
- Maintain current knowledge of features and benefits of all products, services and digital solutions
- Identify and offer consumer and business loan solutions that meet borrowers’ financial goals
- Handle complex service issues and enlist support of appropriate staff for advanced problem resolution
- Process transactions, open accounts, and close loans in compliance with performance standards
Operations: Manage staffing levels to support the customer experience. Ensure branch facilities are functional and attractive. Follow risk management policy and procedure to ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
General: Conform to standards for punctuality, attendance and professionalism per the Employee Handbook. May travel or relocate to other branches, change schedule and perform other duties as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college, business, banking or professional training helpful
- Two years experience in sales, retail banking, lending, customer service and/or operations
- Demonstrated advanced lending proficiency and personal computer literacy
External and internal applications, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on an individual basis.
1Bangor Savings Bank received the highest score in New England in the J.D. Power 2015, 2016, and 2018 U.S. Retail Banking Satisfaction Studies of customers’ satisfaction with their own retail bank. Visit jdpower.com.
Please note, as an internal applicant you will be receiving the same thank you/confirmation email as external applicants because of an inability to customize based on applicant type.
Bangor Savings Bank is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.