Maine Medical Center is seeking a Nurse Educator Registered Nurse (RN) in Portland. Responsibilities for this role include acting on outcomes data, assisting with clinical diabetes management protocols or pathway development, and healthcare resource. The incumbent will be a member of the outcomes research team for the project. The Diabetes Nurse Educator Registered Nurse (RN) will collaborate his/her work efforts with the Adult and Pediatrics inpatient units and associated care providers and the multidisciplinary inpatient glucose control project management team.
* Current license and registration to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Maine.
* Currently certified as a diabetes educator.
* Bachelor’s degree program in nursing, plus 2 years of related experience in the area of diabetes education.
* Ability to function independently in an expanded role as well as within a team.
* Interpersonal skills sufficient to counsel and instruct patients and families; to serve as a resource person for other health care professionals in the institution who are involved in the care of diabetic patients, and to conduct formal educational programs.
* Analytical and organizational abilities sufficient to serve as a resource, to plan and help implement the clinical program, and to promote the development of family-centered care.
Maine Medical Center is a complete healthcare resource for the people of greater Portland, the entire state of Maine and Northern New England. With a history dating back to 1864, Maine Medical Center is the state’s largest medical center and the flagship facility of MaineHealth, with 637 beds and more than 7,000 employees. In addition, we have achieved Magnet™ status in recognition of our commitment to the highest standards of nursing excellence. Maine Medical Center’s unique role as both a community hospital and a referral center requires an unparalleled depth and breadth of services, including the state’s only medical school, through a partnership with Tufts University School of Medicine, and a world-class biomedical research center, the Maine Medical Center Research Institute.
Inside and out, you’ll find what you’re looking for when you join Maine Medical Center. As the largest hospital in northern New England, MMC is committed to helping you grow professionally throughout your career. From tuition assistance and scholarships, to ongoing education, leadership training, mentoring and promotion opportunities, we offer the resources you need to achieve your career goals.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.