Join Martin's Point Health Care - an innovative, not-for-profit health care organization offering care and coverage to the people of Maine and beyond. As a joined force of "people caring for people," Martin's Point employees are on a mission to transform our health care system while creating a healthier community. Martin's Point employees enjoy an organizational culture of trust and respect, where our values - taking care of ourselves and others, continuous learning, helping each other, and having fun - are brought to life every day. Join us and find out for yourself why Martin's Point has been certified as a "Great Place to Work" since 2015.
The Provider Inquiry Representative I has the primary responsibility of answering incoming telephone, written and electronic correspondence inquiries from providers & related entities concerning but not limited to: benefits plan coverage, enrollment status, claims adjudication process, billing and payments for Martin’s Point USFHP Program and Medicare programs.
- Answers verbal, written and electronic inquiries and gives complete and accurate information to providers and educates whenever possible regarding Martin’s Point USFHP Program and Medicare program’s policies, and procedures.
- Answers incoming telephone inquiries and coordinates resolution of provider inquiries within the timeframes outlined in Representative Expectations document.
- Coordinates with other departments when needed and appropriate to resolve Provider issues
- Stays informed and educated on all updates provided through the Link Huddle site.
- Maintains excellent documentation of provider inquiries, which provides detailed information of each inquiry, including the resolution of the inquiry.
- Delivers service in a courteous, friendly and professional manner, to both internal and external customers
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years customer service experience.
Terms of employment may require the applicant/incumbent to qualify, obtain and maintain a Position Level of Trustworthiness from the U.S. Government Office of Personnel Management. Additionally, this position may require the applicant/incumbent to be a U.S. citizen.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and alignment with Martin’s Point Values.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Previous experience in a medical billing position preferred
- Ability to work efficiently and independently.
- Analytical skills in research and problem resolution.
- Strong computer skills (keyboard proficient, quick data entry with a high level of accuracy).
- Ability to talk and type
- Active Listener
- Able to work cooperatively with other departments.
- Multi-task oriented with the ability to prioritize.
- Detail oriented.
- Well organized with excellent follow up skills.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and can easily adapt to change
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Do you have a question about careers at Martin’s Point Health Care? Contact us at: email@example.com