Northern Light Health Home Office
Schedule: Regular Full-time
The primary function of this position is to answer incoming calls to the IS Support Center, as well as respond to inbound customer email and web requests.
Provide first level support by recording clear and concise details into the Help Desk software.
Resolve issue if appropriate or escalate ticket to applicable Tier2 support group.
Accurately identify, classify, and prioritize all incidents and work requests.
Perform all Computer Operations duties, which include close monitoring of all systems, including; Millennium, interfaces, chart servers, RRD servers, SMDR, PCLA, API Time Clock stations, Power Insight and Fusion Systems, Backups, and any new applications as they are assigned. Fulfill requests for cycling Millennium servers, report printing & distribution. Interact with CernerWorks and Systems team.
Requires participation in covering holidays and filling in for vacations, which may include weekend and evening shifts.
· Associates degree or equivalent; or two to four years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems, as well as the Microsoft Office Suite.
· At least two years previous customer service experience in a call center environment, front-line support setting or clinical setting working with clinical IT software.
OTHER SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Must complete Millennium Powerchart & CPOE Clinical Education for new hires within first 90 days of employment.
· Excellent customer service, interpersonal and organizational skills
· Ability to work in a fast paced changing environment
· Understanding of Windows based applications; familiarity with relevant operating systems, and Microsoft Suite of products, the Internet and networking
· Ability to recognize priority issues and escalate accordingly
· Understanding of computer terms and acronyms
· Ability to learn new processes and procedures.
· Good analytical skills
· Sound judgment
· Ability to work effectively with other IS Department staffs.
· Must understand and apply ITIL Service Desk & Incident Management best practice methodologies
· Ability to communicate effectively with the Customers of EMHS IS and its member organizations
· Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions in easy to understand terms.
· Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities; Remains objective and open to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Participates in meetings; Contributes to building positive team spirit.
· Excellent oral communication skills: communicates clearly and politely in positive and negative situations; Respond well to questions, ability to translate technical terms into non-technical language
· Excellent written communication: Writes clearly; proofreads work for spelling and grammar; able to read and interpret written information.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate via telephone with the customer.
· Routine use of a keyboard is required to type information in an expedient and accurate manner into the help desk computer database.
· Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
· Must be able to clearly read a computer monitor.
: The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The workspace is located in a secured climate controlled area
Equal Opportunity Employment
Share this job