Northern Light Mayo Hospital
Position is located: Emergency Med Svcs- Dover Foxcroft
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Variable/1-24 hour shift and 1-12 hour shift
Provides clinical management of patients under Maine EMS protocols and within the scope of the licensure during emergency and routine ambulance runs. Responsible for meeting applicable JCAHO, State of Maine, and department standards for managing all assigned personnel, equipment and supplies, and for promoting teamwork with other pre-hospital care givers, physicians, and hospital personnel.
- Competent in the use of equipment on board the ambulance.
- Appropriately follows EMS protocols in the management of patient care.
- Demonstrates competency in the care of all patients.
- Sets priorities and demonstrates ability to facilitate the care of patients during emergency situations
- Demonstrates competency in procedures within scope of practice.
- Operates the ambulance in a safe and prudent manner following hospital policy, and State of Maine laws.
- EMS QA/QI expectations
o 100% of runs requiring review completed.
o 100% successful completion of quarterly skills labs.
o 75% attendance at QA/QI sessions.
Competencies and skills:
* Achieves Results: Sets high standards for their own outcomes and seizes opportunities to engage others towards objectives. Consistently moves forward with direct actions in order to attain or exceed objectives. Manages their own time effectively to accomplish assigned tasks. Successfully prioritizes multiple projects and duties as needed.
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Commercial Equipment
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Demonstrates Emotional Intelligence: Exhibits a high level of self-awareness, self-management, other awareness and relationship management. Conducts themselves in an empathic, appropriate way, with a sense of humor and stimulates a collaborative work environment. Is respectful of the attitudes, feelings, or circumstances of others and aware of the influence of their own behavior on them. Is aware of relevant social, political, system, and professional trends and developments and uses this information for the organization's benefit.
* Effectively Communicates: Listens, speaks and writes appropriately, using clear language. Communication methods are fitting to the message(s), audience, and situation and follow-ups are regular and timely. Shows that important (non-) verbal information is absorbed and understood and asks further questions to clarify when necessary. Expresses ideas and views clearly to others and has ability to adjust use of language to the audiences' level.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* No previous experience required.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* Emergency Med Tech - Paramedic
* High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
* Potential exposure to abusive and/or aggressive people.
* Potential exposure to diseases or infections.
* Need to drive to perform responsible duties.
* Potential exposure to hazardous materials.
* Lifting, moving and loading 20 to 30 pounds.
* Continuous standing.
* Continuous walking.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status