Information Technical Consultant
DOE Application Development Team
OPEN: January 10, 2019
CLOSING: January 25, 2019
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) provides information technology support ranging from desktop support for over 13,000 employees, to applications that support a wide variety of program areas for the State of Maine. This Information Technology Consultant (ITC) will be a part of our IT team and play a critical leadership role in helping serve the citizens of Maine.
About the Job:
The Department of Education Application Development team consists of talented and dedicated individuals working to meet the needs of the Department of Education. The Information Technology Consultant will be the technical leader on various projects, large and small, that are improving the way the Department of Education handles data and information. If you are a motivated self-starter, have a strong background in data, data quality, data integration and business intelligence you would be a great fit for this job which represents a challenging opportunity to be front and center to game changing projects which will modernize services to the citizens of Maine. Apply today!
What is in it for you?
- Harness the speed and power of Microsoft hyper-converged platform.
- Take on a technical leadership role for a highly-talented and technical team.
- Work in a largely self-directed manner, take ownership and accountability of your work.
- Work on meaningful projects that will improve the efficiency and functionality of Maine state government.
What you will do?
Be a leader, a technical consultant, the go-to-person for the best practices/implementation for data centric information systems. This position works with OIT staff from all areas of the enterprise and Department of Education agency staff. Customer service and interpersonal skills are critical in this role.
What we expect?
To be a successful candidate, you must be professional and have a passionate vision to lead and influence outcomes and have solid technical knowledge of Microsoft products used within these service areas. This will require the attributes and skills listed below:
- Excellent communicator; ability to communicate with audiences of varying technical knowledge.
- Leadership; create solutions, provide options, complete implementations.
- Engaged and energetic; organized, self-starter, has good judgement, proactive and responsive.
- Analytical; finds the root cause, differentiates problems from symptoms.
- Methodical; follows process, understands the value of discipline in an enterprise technology environment.
- Very hands-on architecting, writing code, reviewing code, and providing technical strategy.
- Extensive experience with SQL Server RDMBS, SQL Server Integration Services and SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Flexible and Agile; keeps pace with changing priorities, adapts to challenges, solves problems.
- Safe and Secure; understands data handling procedures, familiar with laws and liabilities.
The ideal candidate will possess these skills and abilities:
- Demonstrated ability automating technology processes, including provisioning and deployments.
- Agile methodology experience, and a willingness to teach others.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and a proclivity for root cause analysis.
- Strong cross-functional experience; able to be effective in a variety of roles.
Ten (10) years’ experience in researching, analyzing, planning, and implementing large-scale technology projects and/or related policies, protocols, and standards. A Masters’ Degree in Computer Science or directly related area may be substituted for one (1) year of work experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please visit the following website and apply online: https://maineoit.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0jqx4?cjb_hash=O_gLrr16&apply_now=true.
Veterans and Gold Star Members, please alert us of your status in your cover letter. The selected candidate will be required to complete an official job application and pass the required background checks as a condition of employment. *Maine State Government is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. Only U.S. Citizens or aliens who have a legal right to permanently work in the United States are eligible for employment. We cannot sponsor applicants requiring work visas.
SALARY: CODE: 0172 PAY GRADE: 31 - $61,859.20 – $84,240.00/annually*
*Includes a 15% recruitment and retention salary adjustment and eligibility for a 5% annual training bonus
The value of State’s share of Employee’s Retirement: 15.37% of salary for BU positions. The value of State-paid Dental Insurance: $13.13 biweekly. The value* of State-paid Health Insurance:
- Level 1: 100% State Contribution (employee pays nothing): $444.68 biweekly
- Level 2: 95% State Contribution (employee pays 5%): $422.45 biweekly
- Level 3: 90% State Contribution (employee pays 10%): $400.21 biweekly
- Level 4: 85% State Contribution (employee pays 15%): $377.98 biweekly
*The level of the actual value of state paid Health Insurance will be based on the employee’s wage rate and status about the health credit premium program.