Vets First Choice is a leading provider of technology-enabled healthcare services for companion and equine veterinary practitioners. Founded in 2010, the company partners with veterinarians to create insight into gaps in patient care and offers professionalized pro-active prescription management to drive client engagement and improve compliance. Its services result in better prescription compliance, increased client engagement, and improved practice revenues and profitability. As the nation's largest veterinary-partner pharmacy, we provide vets and their clients with cost-effective, home delivery medications and food. Our advanced web tools, client marketing programs, and competitive eCommerce offering far surpass the competition. We continue to build an exceptional team of people who provide world class customer service and solutions. We would love for you to join us.
The Lead Software Engineer is responsible for the analysis, design, development, testing, and support of the Business to Consumer product roadmap in alignment with overall company goals and objectives.
Works closely with a team of creative partners, marketing experts, developers, QA engineers, and project managers on various software initiatives. Assistance with UI design, development, and performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works with various partners to develop, deploy, and maintain business-value features
- Leverage a variety of tools and techniques to measure, profile, and optimize performance
- Contribute to the adoption of development best practices and new technologies
- Understand the VFC flavor of eCommerce from both a technical and business perspective
- Provides leadership and mentors software engineers in a cohesive, high-performing, agile team.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years of professional software engineering experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
- Stays current of new technology developments and examines opportunities to apply the new technology advancements where appropriate.
- Mastery of an object-oriented programming language (preferably Java)
- Mastery of a modern web application framework such as Spring MVC or Node.js
- Proficient in a modern responsive UI library (preferably React and attendant technologies)
- Proficient in writing SQL queries against a relational database
- Proficient in modern product development processes and pipelines
- Proficient in effective troubleshooting and issue resolution techniques
- Proficient in effective system monitoring and log analysis techniques
- Capable of understanding complicated systems quickly
- Experience in guiding entry-level team members through Software Engineering fundamentals in a professional setting
- Experience with translating high-level strategy to tactical execution
- Hybris programming and/or architecture experience is a bonus
PHYSICIAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Pet friendly office environment.
- Extensive computer use.