Maine Medical Center (MMC), a MaineHealth member, is recruiting for an additional experienced Physician Assistant (PA) or Nurse Practitioner (NP) to work with our two current PA’s on the Thoracic Surgery team. This is a wonderful opportunity for a provider to work in our exciting environment which includes the operating room, step down unit, intermediate care unit, and the ICU. We work closely with our two Thoracic Surgeons to provide a high level of care for this cutting edge program. Our program is at the forefront performing minimally invasive procedures, including but not limited to esophagectomies, lung resections, and benign foregut procedures. In addition to first assisting in the operating room, the Advance Practice Provider (APP) manages all phases of post-operative care which includes performing procedural work as needed. This allows the APP to work dynamically with a great scope of practice and autonomy.
MMC is a Magnet designated 637 bed Academic Medical Center located in Portland on the breathtaking coast of Maine. We are the states only Level 1 Trauma Center and a tertiary care facility.
Portland offers the best of urban sophistication combined with small-town friendliness. The area provides four season recreational opportunities, such as skiing, hiking, sailing, and miles of beautiful beaches. Just two hours north of Boston, this is an exceptionally diverse and vibrant community with excellent restaurants and schools.
Schedule: 40 hours per week; day shifts.
* Relocation Assistance
* Generous Time Off
* Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
* Pet Insurance
* ID Theft Protection
* Retirement Plan
* Employee Discount Program
* Career growth opportunities
* Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
* Successful completion of accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner program.
* Current license issued by the State of Maine or eligible for licensure.
* Current BLS certification.
* Prior Thoracic or General surgical experience is preferred but will consider exceptional new graduates.