Join Martin's Point Health Care - an innovative, not-for-profit health care organization offering care and coverage to the people of Maine and beyond. As a joined force of "people caring for people," Martin's Point employees are on a mission to transform our health care system while creating a healthier community. Martin's Point employees enjoy an organizational culture of trust and respect, where our values - taking care of ourselves and others, continuous learning, helping each other, and having fun - are brought to life every day. Join us and find out for yourself why Martin's Point has been certified as a "Great Place to Work" since 2015. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Vice President of Finance is a strategic financial leader, one who combines financial expertise with operational savvy and business knowledge in order to achieve sustainable growth. The VP of Finance ensures strong business alignment and cross-functional relationships while ensuring appropriate management of the financial positioning of the organization. This includes developing and executing financial strategies, operating expense analysis, financial forecasting and reporting, cash flow analysis, and investment planning. The VP of Finance oversees accounting operations, including financial reporting, cash receipts and disbursement, and payables /receivables. The VP of Finance will be responsible for management of risk with contracts as well as medical practice financial management. The VP of Finance will establish and implement effective internal controls to ensure protection of assets and coordinate external audits.
- Develops and executes both short and long-term financial management plans/strategies to maximize the potential of the organization’s financial resources to achieve organizational goals.
- Acts as consultant and strategic business partner to leaders regarding finances, processes, and risk mitigation needed to achieve strategic goals. Provide strategic recommendations based on financial analysis and projections.
- Monitors performance and reporting progress/results back to business leaders. Develops project-based financial plans with appropriate analysis of costs and benefits of each project.
- Responsible for the oversight of the accounting function and ensures the team has proper policies and internal controls are in place including periodic and operating financial reports and analysis.
- Monitors and reports on MPHC financial position, examines company performance in absolute terms and relative to industry performance, and makes specific recommendations to the CFO and senior management which will result in improved results.
- Develops revenue and expense budgets for each managed care risk contract and provides risk models for affiliated primary and specialty care practices. Responsible for the production of periodic reports on the performance of each entity associated with a MPHC risk program.
- Participates in the assessment and negotiation of business relationships, including practice mergers, acquisitions, and joint venture agreements.
- Participates as team member in the negotiation of contractual relationships with managed care entities, and analyzes, monitors, and negotiates modifications to these agreements, as necessary.
- Directs and analyzes studies of general economic, business, and financial conditions and their impact on MPHC policies, business initiatives, programs, and operations.
- Oversees the investment portfolio management and process in alignment with Board of Directors policies. Protects the financial integrity of corporate expenses by establishing and executing policies for determining the care and custody of funds and assets.
- Manages staff of finance department in a manner that exemplifies the values of MPHC and elicits the highest possible level of performance and morale.
- Collaborates with the CFO and other senior leadership team colleagues on integration of mission, vision and values throughout the organization to advance people-centered care.
- Bachelor’s degree, with MBA or CPA required
- 5 - 9 years of management experience in Finance in the health care or health insurance industry
- Must possess in-depth knowledge of the healthcare environment and key issues associated with health care, Medicare Advantage plans, including all aspects of healthcare finance and strategic financial planning. Medicaid experience preferred
- Contract negotiation experience with payors and/or providers
- Proven history using data and metrics to manage performance, with a strong understanding of medical costs, Medicare risk, and revenue cycle is required.
- Medical economics experience preferred
- Working knowledge of various financial software programs
- Financial forecasting experience
- Strong managerial and staff development skills
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Do you have a question about careers at Martin’s Point Health Care? Contact us at: email@example.com