Northern Light Mercy Hospital
Department: Recovery Room
Position is located: Mercy State Street
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: No Hours Assigned
Performs secretarial duties using specific knowledge of medical terminology and hospital, clinic, or laboratory procedures. Duties may include scheduling appointments, billing patients, and compiling and recording medical charts, reports, and correspondence.
· Coordinates assigned unit activities. · Manages patient records (e.g. Assembles patient records, Files patient information, etc.) · Processes physician orders (e.g. Transcribes physician's orders, flags charts appropriately, enters orders into computer). · Coordinates the safe transport of patients and other items as directed · Accepts responsibility for further developing professional learning needs. · Maintains a safe environment complying with NLH policies and procedures; report and directly address environmental hazards and violations of patient safety policy and/or protocol when involved or observed. · May perform other duties upon request.
Competencies and skills:
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* Certified Nursing Assistant
* High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
* Lifting, moving and loading 30 to 50 pounds.
* Alternate shift schedules (day, evening, nights, weekends).