Our Fortune 500 company is driving a digital transformation and looking for forward-thinking innovators to disrupt how our industry thinks about and uses technology. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers, we help millions of people gain affordable access to benefits that help them protect their families, their finances and their futures.
Are you an asker of questions, a solver of problems, and a challenger of the status quo? Our mission is to provide a differentiated customer experience and exceed the expectations people have of technology at any company — not just insurers.
We are seeking individuals to join our team of talented IT professionals who share never-ending passion and an unwavering focus on our customer experience. Team members comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced, and delivery-focused environment thrive in our environment where we value an entrepreneurial spirit and those who challenge the status-quo.
Unum is changing, and we’re excited about what’s next. Join us.
General Summary:The Data Architect is responsible for the overall design of EDW and ODS, including the ETL/ELT processes to deliver a trusted data platform for business analytics. This role will lead the advancement of data solutions within Unum to next generation data services. The candidate will be knowledgeable in 3rd party/cloud CRM solutions (Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics) and lead successful integration of various source systems across Unum through modern technologies. The data architect role plays a critical role in leading data and analytics teams, mentoring engineers of all levels and help grow future talent within the organization. This role will play a leading role in improving the interaction between the business and IT by identifying and developing strategic applications of IT. The role will be critical in the advancement of the architecture roadmap through innovative solutions.
- Bachelors of Computer Science, a Master degree is preferred, or equivalent relevant experience
- ETL (Data Stage and/or Informatica preferred), Integration (Mulesoft and/or IIB preferred); CRM concepts or structures (Microsoft Dynamics or Salesforce)
- 8+ years of successfully delivering data solutions in a complex, enterprise environment.
- High focus on quality; holds self and others to high standards of delivery
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; experience leading groups of people through discussions, technical or otherwise.
- Expert in Agile development/methodologies, Test Automation and TDD, CI/CD, DevOps
- Experience completing code reviews and/or having architectural oversight on a solution
- Experience delivering data architecture that complies with state and global data governance policies
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates on the creation and application of technical road maps, standards, tooling and frameworks required to create a modern, high quality, rich application suite.
- Recognizes potential strategic application of IT, and initiates investigation and development of innovative methods of exploiting IT assets, to the benefit of organizations and the community. Plays a leading role in improving the interaction and understanding between the business and IT.
- Build solid understanding of the key business applications, to extract and integrate the data to build the data lineage through the customer journey.
- Establish strong foundation for EDW and ODS, with best practices for data life-cycle management
- Resolves architectural uncertainties through prioritization, planning, and execution of architectural sprints and re-prioritizes technology Road map and portfolio backlogs based on outcomes
- Establish the process to acquire, persist and publish metadata for business consumers
- Responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of new and existing features for the existing portfolio of applications for a business area, and recommending areas where new investment is merited.
- Leverage cloud solution to accelerate the data management and analytics processes
- Collaborates with the agile team to establish the definition of done for each of the stages of production within the team
- Ensures that the latest project progress is known to the agile team by ensuring Application Life Cycle Management (ALM) tools are up to date and participating in daily stand ups outlining progress made, progress planned and detailing impediments
Our company is built on helping individuals and families, and this starts with our employees. We want employees to maintain a positive balance, which is why we provide access to the benefits and resources they need to invest in themselves. From our onsite fitness facilities and generous paid time off to employee professional development programs, we are committed to helping employees live and work their best – both inside and outside the office.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.