PROJECT MANAGER, Maine Manufacturing Extension Partnership
Maine MEP (Manufacturing Extension Partnership) is the most comprehensive training and technical service provider focused solely on Maine manufacturers. Our mission is to spur economic growth by providing cutting edge services to Maine’s manufacturers; helping them become more efficient, productive, profitable, and globally competitive. From high-tech companies to start-up artisans, Maine MEP helps manufacturers be the best they can be.
Maine Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) is a 501c3 organization sponsored in part by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (a subsidiary of the U.S. Dept. of Commerce) and the state of Maine.
We are looking for experienced, highly motivated, and self-directed Project Managers to join our team. As a Maine MEP Project Manager, you will develop and deliver cutting-edge services to Maine manufacturers designed to address their needs.
Maine MEP Project Managers assist manufacturers by identifying opportunities for improvement and then delivering and/or coordinating the appropriate services to exploit these opportunities. Project manager responsibilities include but are not limited to; initial client outreach, communicating value proposition, delivering services, and the identification of grants or other funding opportunities. Maine MEP’s success metrics are the sales/cost savings/investments our clients realize via the services we provide.
To be successful in this role, you need to have the courage to communicate and monetize your manufacturing operations experience! Transferable skills in cross disciplines such as manufacturing operations management, manufacturing/process engineering, and/or quality management are a precursor to your success. The confidence to communicate with business decision makers is a must. Lastly, as part of Maine’s economic development eco-system you’ll be an ambassador representing Maine MEP to our public partners.
- Self-directed, motivated individual with strong work ethic
- Professional verbal and written communications skills
- Strong planning, organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment to achieve Maine MEP goals and objectives
- 10+ years of relevant operational experiences including but not limited to: Operations Management, Manufacturing/Process Engineering, and Quality Engineering
- Broad based for-profit business acumen, knowledge and experience in manufacturing operations, and technology
- Presentation and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated experience with the implementation of LEAN/Continuous Improvement initiatives
- A proven track record of self-improvement. You can demonstrate this track record through a combination of education, certifications, and increasing roles of responsibility
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, and Microsoft Word
Maine MEP offers a highly competitive salary based on experience and skills. Additionally, Maine MEP provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401k match, ancillary benefits, and generous paid time off.
Please Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com