Tyler Technologies is seeking a Senior Information Security Officer in our Yarmouth, ME office. This role will lead accountability and responsibility for safeguarding the confidential information and sensitive data, assets and intellectual property that Tyler owns and/or maintains on behalf of Tyler’s affiliates, partners, clients and end-users. This new role is critical to enhancing Tyler’s strong and proactive security position.
At Tyler Technologies, we devote our time, energy and resources to help local governments and school districts become more efficient, more accessible and more responsive to the needs of their constituents. With revenues in excess of $900 million and an employee base of 4,500 (and growing), Tyler has a proven track record of supporting our people's careers and lives.
- Develop, communicate, train and implement Tyler’s information security strategy, policies and procedures and roadmap across the company.
- Lead corporate risk programs and strategies on data security at the application and network level, including incident response planning and implementation as well as corporate business continuity and disaster recovery planning.
- Lead audits of Tyler IT and development teams, processes and policies, and provide guidance on and reinforce accountability of remediation efforts.
- Ensure monitoring of internal controls, access rights, intrusion detection, and virus prevention.
- Perform information security risk assessments and serve as point of contact an internal audit for security and compliance audits (such as SOX and PCI/DDS).
- Manage a team of information security and application security professionals.
- Partner with HR to initiate, facilitate and promote activities to foster information security awareness within Tyler.
- Maintain relationships with local and federal law enforcement agencies.
- Assist with the investigation of security incidents and assist with employee disciplinary and legal matters associated with such incidents.
- Work with office facilities teams to ensure proper physical security to protect data and information.
- Engage and oversee third parties as needed.
- Master’s degree in business, management, computer science or similar, or equivalent combination of education and work experience in a related field
- 8-10 years in a computer related field, with at least 3 in Information Security.
- Experience in the public-sector software industry extremely helpful
- Experience with security and compliance in public cloud environments, such as AWS and/or Azure
- CISSP or related certifications (or ability to obtain such certifications within 1 year of employment)
- Experience with SOX, PCI/DSS, GDPR, CJIS, HIPAA.
- Experience with business continuity and disaster recovery planning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that can be tailored to various audiences, including technical and non-technical, executive and staff, internal and external, client and vendor
- Effective leader of team working under both routine and emergency situations
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strategic thinker
- High personal credibility and integrity
- Ability to persuade, convince, and influence others through collaboration, and to work and effectively prioritize in a highly dynamic work environment
- Approximately 10-25% travel
Tyler is subject to regulations, guidelines and/or client requirements relating to the qualifications of Tyler personnel performing certain client work. Because of the nature of this position, it is a requirement that the candidate can successfully pass an applicable background check at the time an offer is extended and over the course of employment with Tyler.
Requisition Number: 10-18-102