The Ice Arena utility / groundskeeper will be primarily responsible for assisting the Ice Arena management with coordination, supervision, safe, and effective operation of the Ice Arena facility including ice maintenance and resurfacing. In addition, this position will assist the grounds keeping department when ice production is off line / off season.
• Assist in the daily operation of the Ice Arena; supervise student workers.
• Will work closely with the Forum Manager and Assistant Manager in working with several university groups and events including, but not limited to, the building, Student Affairs, Institutional Advancement, Conference Services, Facilities Management.
• Maintain ice surface for a variety of ice related activities which include operating, maintaining, monitoring, and keeping accurate records of resurfacing equipment to keep ice schedule on track with a high quality, level, and efficient ice surface. Assistant will report any issues to the Forum Manager and Assistant Manager to avoid any interruptions of the ice arena schedule.
• Assist in daily operations of skate sharpening and basic cashiering.
• Assist in maintaining and providing custodial duties in ice arena area to assure cleanliness, and a safe environment for the facility and its visitors and guest.
• Will serve as supervisor of building, ice arena maintenance, and ice arena lead worker.
• Assist with customer service relations at skating events at the Forum and will maintain a positive working relationship with subordinates, peers, supervisors, and the public.
• Assistant will serve as backup to Ice Arena management, and will assist with the implementation and enforcement of all policies and procedures.
• Must be willing to work nights, weekends, and Holidays.
• Assist with planning and coordinating all maintenance activities with the Facilities Management department.
• Perform specialized grounds maintenance tasks, such as watering, mowing, trimming, and raking.
• Assist with basic construction tasks related to grounds maintenance (ditch digging, cement work, asphalt repair, fence and sign installation.
• Carry out other special work orders (deliveries, pick-ups, facility set-ups/tear -downs for special events, and the like).
• Will perform other essential general building tasks associated with the Harold Alfond Forum such as helping with events in the performance gym as well as all related duties as assigned during non-peak skating times.
• Other Duties as assigned.
Minimum of five years total experience. Degree in Business administration, facility and sport management or related field preferred. Knowledge of the uses, management, and promotion of ice facilities, equipment, and systems; knowledge of all applicable safety standards for sports facilities; mechanical aptitude and demonstrated ability for minor repairs of equipment and/or facilities required. Ideal candidate will be detail oriented; possess the ability to safely operate machinery.
- Ability to communicate with a broad spectrum of clients, external support services and University faculty and staff
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays on a regular basis during peak utilization periods, as necessary.
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of times.
- Ability to lift, carry and move equipment as needed
- Ability to operate grounds power equipment