Join Martin's Point Health Care - an innovative, not-for-profit health care organization offering care and coverage to the people of Maine and beyond. As a joined force of "people caring for people," Martin's Point employees are on a mission to transform our health care system while creating a healthier community. Martin's Point employees enjoy an organizational culture of trust and respect, where our values - taking care of ourselves and others, continuous learning, helping each other, and having fun - are brought to life every day. Join us and find out for yourself why Martin's Point has been certified as a "Great Place to Work" since 2015. The Chief Operating Officer is responsible for leading the short and long-term strategic direction of the organization. The COO will partner with organizational leadership to implement programs, business plans and policies that support organizational objectives. The COO will lead in a manner that is consistent with MPHC’s Core Values and create an environment of trust, high performance and continuous improvement.
- Business Results: Ensures appropriate management of organizational measures and performance. Accountable for performance and results of departments for which role oversees relative to industry performance and standards, and makes specific recommendations to CEO and senior management which will result in improved results.
- Performance: Translates organizational direction into specific team and individual job expectations and manages performance through effective monitoring of defined metrics, coaching and feedback. Provides performance feedback to employees throughout the organization to achieve performance goals.
- Resource Management: Influences results through appropriate staffing and budgetary management, removing performance barriers and maximizing available resources.
- Continuous Improvement: Establishes an organizational culture that fosters continuous process improvement methods that are routinely utilized to improve quality and efficiencies.
- Staff Development: Establishes a safe, collaborative environment capitalizing on employee talents, experience, interests and diversity to reach goals. Provides appropriate orientation and ongoing training and development opportunities to maximize staff development and contribution. Identifies high performers and partners with them to provide opportunities for growth and development in the organization.
- Communication: Communicates organizational and divisional information to staff on a regular and timely basis to ensure consistency of understanding of goals, priorities, and organizational direction. Incorporates organizational key messages in communications.
- Change Management: Maximize staff involvement and support of change initiatives by proactively preparing staff for change within division and the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred
- 10+ years relevant senior level management experience
- 15+ years relevant business experience in areas of oversight
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Do you have a question about careers at Martin’s Point Health Care? Contact us at: email@example.com