Job Posting End Date: 11/15
Our Fortune 500 company is driving a digital transformation and looking for forward-thinking innovators to disrupt how our industry thinks about and uses technology. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers, we help millions of people gain affordable access to benefits that help them protect their families, their finances and their futures.
Are you an asker of questions, a solver of problems, and a challenger of the status quo? Our mission is to provide a differentiated customer experience and exceed the expectations people have of technology at any company — not just insurers.
We are seeking individuals to join our team of talented IT professionals who share never-ending passion and an unwavering focus on our customer experience. Team members comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced, and delivery-focused environment thrive in our environment where we value an entrepreneurial spirit and those who challenge the status-quo.
Unum is changing, and we’re excited about what’s next. Join us.
General Summary:Software Engineer is responsible for the building and/or configuration of software solutions within their business portfolio. They ensure software is delivered to high quality standards by collaborating with their agile team members and by leveraging unit testing and continuous integration. They participate in the estimation of work required to deliver software features.
- Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of new and existing features for the existing portfolio of applications for a business area
- Responsible for communication and collaboration with key stakeholders in the delivery of features
- Design, codes, configures, unit tests, maintains, and documents software deliverables using agreed upon standards and tools. Participates in sizing and estimation activities within the agile team
- Communicates daily with the Scrum Master or Team Lead and the Agile team on progress made and planned progress for the coming day and reports any impediments that are blocking their progress
- Participates in code reviews and sprint retrospectives; ensuring their ideas for team continuous improvement are communicated so that the overall process and team can improve sprint by sprint and readily receives feedback for self-improvement. May lead parts of same.
- Collaborates with User Experience (UX) designers to ensure designs produced can be translated efficiently into working solutions for feature delivery
- Collaborates with the agile team to establish the definition of done for each of the stages of production within the team
- Collaborate with Test Engineers and Senior Test Engineers to ensure that software meets the definition of done; ensuring successful transition of work to the next stage of production during the sprints
- Collaborates with Technical Support Engineers to transition software features to a production environment ensuring that the deliveries meet application performance criteria, release standards; and ensures application and system stability.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science is preferred, or equivalent relevant business experience
• Proven experience in implement APIs with .NET CORE and C#
- 2+ years experience with demonstrated success at the Associate level in software development and software development practices or equivalent experience
- Shows evidence of analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Agile Development Methodologies
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong team player; able to work effectively within a team and more broadly with people from a variety of backgrounds and areas across the organization.
Our company is built on helping individuals and families, and this starts with our employees. We want employees to maintain a positive balance, which is why we provide access to the benefits and resources they need to invest in themselves. From our onsite fitness facilities and generous paid time off to employee professional development programs, we are committed to helping employees live and work their best – both inside and outside the office.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.