The role of the Senior Account Manager (Corporate Accounts) is to qualify high value opportunities, acquire new accounts and to grow and retain existing accounts that have the greatest potential of value with our product portfolio, within Corporate and Key Accounts. The role is primarily phone based (our service is all online) with selected field travel. This position has full accountability and responsibility for meeting and exceeding monthly revenue targets while managing all aspects of client engagement ensuring a positive outcome and experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Master the incredible business transformation Vets First Choice offers to veterinary practices, including how the platform and service brings back clients, manages prescriptions, reduces inventory, and provides a pathway to overall business growth. Master the platform!
- Expertise in providing appropriate client value proposition and return on investment calculations to ensure effective client business development experience.
- Pursue great opportunities to bring on new practices and develop existing ones. Your ability to rapidly assess territory opportunities and effectively reach decision makers by phone will be a key to success.
- Ask great questions to understand the key players in the practice and their needs. Be a true consultant and provide great solutions from our portfolio through an online walk-through of our platform, case studies, and through painting an overall picture how Vets First Choice will impact their lives an a positive way.
- Maintain full, accurate and timely Customer Relationship Management (CRM) records for all client and prospect activity in order to support company learning, report generation, and general territory management.
- Now the fun part: work with the practice's management team to set goals, train the team and follow up to share their success.
- Partner with Associate Account Managers to order marketing materials, and implement a follow-up process that ensures both practice and Vets First Choice goals are met while conducting ongoing Account Reviews with key practice stakeholders.
- Partner with Corporate Account Team to visit top notch corporate/key accounts to ensure satisfaction and provide additional education on new approaches (Proactive Prescription Management), new services (Atlas Pharmaceuticals), and innovative ways to use the Vets First Choice platform.
- Work with Corporate and Key Account leadership and colleagues to set, plan, achieve, and follow-up on goals.
- We're always looking to improve, so an important part of your job will be to provide insights, product improvement and enhancement ideas, and process improvement suggestions; we expect you to initiate improvements on your own and share with your colleagues.
- Pursue high-value VPA account opportunities in the designated territory and schedule demo webinars for the aligned Business Development Rep.
- Be a great team player and a high-energy individual contributor.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or B.A. in business or scientific discipline. Veterinary or medical education a definite plus.
- 5 years of previous sales and/or applicable business experience a must with keen understanding of B2B sales and marketing.
- Understanding of the veterinary pharmaceutical market and experience in a veterinary practice or other healthcare or scientific industry is ideal.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
- Sales skills and a proven track record of closing success. Attributes include:
- Highly goal-oriented and self-motivated with the ability to prepare and present high quality sales proposals
- Strong interpersonal skills—able to quickly establish rapport at any levels of an organization
- Able to absorb and articulate technical information
- Outstanding presentation and teaching skills
- Great organizational and problem solving skills with excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently while being a great team player
- High productivity
- Great team player, great sense of humor
- Ability to identify customer service issues and facilitate their resolution
- Strong empathy and fierce desire to retain, gain and grow customers
- Strong communication skills with the ability to manage all aspects of client and stakeholder engagement
- Computer and online proficiency (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Quick and avid learner, especially with veterinary medical and pharmaceutical terminology
- Resiliency and flexibility in start-up environment
PHYSICIAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Pet friendly office environment.
- Extensive computer use.
- Some business travel required (less than 25% of time).