System Administrator - Second Shift
Tyler Technologies is growing! We are now accepting resumes for a second-shift system administrator for our hosting operations team. The IT Analyst/Systems Administrator provides Tier II & III systems and infrastructure administration and support for Tyler Technologies Hosted Solutions. The person in this role will provide “eyes on glass” monitoring, response, and escalation of alerts for the Tyler Network Operations Center. The hours for this position are 4PM-12PM, five nights per week, Monday through Friday.
- Monitor application and database systems and infrastructure for performance and up-time.
- Perform installation, configuration and maintenance of Windows Servers and applications in a completely virtualized infrastructure.
- Perform monthly patching of Windows in an environment in excess of 3000 virtual servers.
- Provide configuration support, administration, and tuning of environments for Tyler hosted software application products.
- Maintain a written general knowledgebase of all issues and their resolutions.
- Provide technical support for internal support departments and hosted customers as assigned
- Associate’s degree with a focus in computer science or related field, or comparable work experience
- Typically requires three or more years of system administration experience
- Microsoft / VMWare Certifications a plus
- 3+ Years of experience with the following technologies is preferred:
- Windows Server 2008/2012 R2
- Active Directory and Group Policy
- IIS Sites/Applications/Services
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012 R2
- Microsoft Failover Clustering
- Microsoft Terminal Services
- Parallels 2X
- VMware vSphere (ESXi), vCenter
- Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proven capability of technical discovery
- Script writing experience is useful but not required
- The ability to independently troubleshoot and solve complex technical issues in a fast-paced environment
Requisition Number: 10-18-1072