Looking for a job where you can have fun AND make a difference in your community? Consider the Y!
The YMCA of Southern Maine is a charitable community organization committed to building strong communities through programs and services for all. We value diversity and inclusion, and actively work to create a safe, welcoming place for our neighbors.
Cost shared premium with Health, Dental. Employer-paid Short & Long Term Disability and Life insurance, when eligible 7% employer contribution toward Retirement plan, Free Individual or Family YMCA membership, a casual work environment with a culture focused on relationship building and our mission. Generous Paid Time Off Policy granted Immediately upon hire: 224 hours of PTO (prorated based on hire date), 5 days of Floating Holiday and 6 paid Holidays.
Oversees the total operation of a YMCA branch, including membership, marketing, programs, facilities, volunteer and staff development, financial development, community relations and collaborations with community agencies.
- Actively develops and Coordinates the development of the branch advisory board and committees. Directs the volunteer activities of the branch.
- Directs the financial development activities of the branch in conjunction with the overall strategic goals of the Association.
- Represents and promotes the YMCA in the local community and develops positive working relationships with other organizations, businesses, and governmental entities.
- Develops, maintains, and models collaborative relationships with community agencies in service delivery area.
- In collaboration with the CHRO or Human Resources oversees the hiring, training, accountability and supervision of staff and program volunteers to implement and develop uniform Association wide staff and volunteer onboarding and staff development.
- Develops, manages, and monitors the branch operating budget and meet or exceeds budget targets.
- Develops the annual operating plan of the branch in coordination with the strategic planning goals of the Association.
- Develops and directs high quality relationship-based member engagement strategies consistent with the association plan. Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions with staff, volunteers, members, and the community.
- Fosters a climate of inclusion and innovation to develop member-focused programs which support the Y mission, goals, and strategies.
- Ensures the safety and maintenance of high quality facilities, grounds, and equipment.
- Serves as a member of Senior Leadership Team and supports the overall objectives of the YMCA and decisions of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Work with branch leadership to raise money for the Y’s programs and financial assistance through the Y’s annual campaign (the Y’s annual fundraising campaign) by identifying prospects and making personal asks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in human services, social services, business or equivalent.
- Six or more years of management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency.
- Three years’ experience with budgeting and forecasting.
- Prior experience with volunteer board development and fundraising preferred.
- Capacity to work a flexible schedule and respond to emergent situations.
- Ability to direct total operations through volunteer development, supervision of staff, development and monitoring of branch budget, marketing and public relations, and program development.
- Experience and proven track record in effective staff management and development of volunteer involvement; ability to recruit top community leaders.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Proven track record of developing authentic relationships with others.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
- YMCA Multi-Team or Branch Leader certification preferred.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and ability to travel locally.