The Senior Manager, Software Quality Assurance is highly customer focused providing management with enterprise data quality within the commercial platforms. The Senior Manager works effectively across functional organizations, and is a hands-on manager with technical experience and the ability to drive against a high-level test strategy based on a data driven quality approach. The Senior Manager provides excellent strategic planning and an optimization mindset while being a strong quality advocate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead and manage the growth and development of a quality assurance team of test engineers ensuring quality product delivery and defining measurable metrics to gauge progress against objective QA goals.
- Work closely with the business and software development teams to understand product vision and requirements.
- Establish strategy and drive expectations around quality for major releases grounded in solid customer impact and product understanding.
- Solid understanding of how all elements of the system software ecosystem work together and develop QA approaches that fit the overall strategy.
- Overall responsibility for development of test strategies and creation f appropriate test harnesses.
- Provide oversight of the development and execution of test plans and monitor and report on test execution.
- Work with a team of quality engineering professionals to ensure the highest quality product delivery.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 8+ years of industry experience
- Proven experience in hands-on testing and managing a team of engineering professionals.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability in delivering large releases to the customer through direct and partner teams.
- Expertise in QA concepts and methodologies.
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Comfortable communication cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and to be able to synthesize the results.
- Strong people management skills with a proven ability to hire and grow talented programmatic and user-level personnel.
- Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.
- Experience in agile development methodologies with continuous integration.
- Experience validating high quality consumer facing applications on embedded communications platforms.
- Shows creativity and innovation to improve product test coverage and effectiveness.
- Strong interest in test automation and reuse across application hierarchy.
PHYSICIAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.