The IT – Patient Care Systems department is looking for a part-time intern to start immediately, with the potential of moving to full time in the summer.
The intern will be involved in the following tasks and processes:
- Project Management of smaller projects
- Project Intake Process
- Updating information in SharePoint, Nova, etc.
- Creating reports out of our applications (ex: eclipse, footprints, BI Portal)
- Assistance with creating or updating Visio’s
- Reaching out to customers
- Taking minutes/scheduling meetings
- Helping out with fun activities
We are looking for motivated individuals who are interested in gaining valuable, hands-on experience and making a real difference while working within the healthcare field. MaineHealth interns will have the exciting opportunity to work, learn, and develop their skills at the largest healthcare organization in Maine. Interns provide administrative and project support within their department, and are valued members of each department team.
We offer FREE bus trips to our employees traveling on the Greater Portland Metro (including BREEZ and HUSKY lines), South Portland Bus Service, and ShuttleBus-ZOOM.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Student who is currently enrolled in a four-year degree program in pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong analytical thinking.
- Must work independently, take initiative to complete assigned projects with minimal direction, and be able to prioritize tasks within an assigned project.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in the performance of duties.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and other technologies as needed.