WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of WEX today!
The Payroll Analyst II administers bi-weekly company payrolls for United States and Canada, and is responsible for the effective administration and utilization of the current Payroll system (Payforce) and future system enhancements needed to support the business as it grows.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes biweekly payrolls for 1,000+ employees, ensuring all payroll deadlines are met, in addition to providing support to employees and managers at all locations regarding payroll and HR related matters.
- Processes payroll for Multi-state, multi- tax U.S. payroll and Canadian multi-province payroll using ADP and Workday.
- Serves as liaison to employees and with third party payroll vendors to ensure payroll processing accurately reflects company specific pay policies.
- Processes new hire and terminations.
- Audits employee pay records and reconciliations.
- Interprets pay policies and ensure appropriate amounts/deductions are calculated and applied to the various accounts correctly.
- Verifies compliance with federal and state payroll requirements staying current with changes in the law.
- May assist with audits of internal controls, workers compensation, tax filings and related documentation.
- Assists managers with eTime transactions for employee time and attendance to ensure system accuracy.
- Analyzes, verifies and inputs payroll data during processing including but not limited to hours, rates of pay, benefit deductions, tax withholding, etc.
- Calculates and processes adjustments to pay (i.e., final pay calculations, retro pay, wage adjustments, commissions, bonuses, etc.)
- Provides backup support to other members of the Payroll Department.
- Assists with employee liens, garnishments, child support orders as well as employee verifications and employment statistics.