Our Fortune 500 company is driving a digital transformation and looking for forward-thinking innovators to disrupt how our industry thinks about and uses technology. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers, we help millions of people gain affordable access to benefits that help them protect their families, their finances and their futures.
Are you an asker of questions, a solver of problems, and a challenger of the status quo? Our mission is to provide a differentiated customer experience and exceed the expectations people have of technology at any company — not just insurers.
We are seeking individuals to join our team of talented IT professionals who share never-ending passion and an unwavering focus on our customer experience. Team members comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced, and delivery-focused environment thrive in our environment where we value an entrepreneurial spirit and those who challenge the status-quo.
Unum is changing, and we’re excited about what’s next. Join us.
General Summary:We are seeking a Manager, IT Delivery who is an exceptional problem solver with a solid foundation in Technical Project Management possessing an ability to question things, show a desire to learn new technology practices, and has trained/mentored/managed an Application Development Team. The successful candidate will be highly organized and self-sufficient as they will be supporting multiple pieces of various projects such as Disaster Recovery initiatives to enhancement of applications, in addition to having a high level of support and thin understanding of a lot of projects, as well as manage a couple of assigned projects that they are responsible for directly. This involves working on a variety of platforms to include distributed, web and mainframe applications associated to mid & large-scale enterprise data utilizing ETL & data integration tools. You will be responsible for timeline creation and management Influencing the efficiency and quality of work, advocating for the internal team owning project management/workflow, reporting, and financial analysis as well as assist cross-functional team leads to meet client deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or relevant technical experience
- 5+ years’ experience in an IT field or equivalent relevant work experience
- Experience with delivering mid to large scale enterprise applications working with ETL & data integration tools (DataStage, Informatica, AWS API Gateway & MuleSoft experience a plus),
- Knowledge of Agile principles, with experience in leading scrums, building user stories, writing specifications, and managing team resources
- Experience with delivering large scale enterprise applications using big data open source solutions such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka and Elastic Search
- Knowledge of Data Architecture around NoSQL, non-relational and relational database.
- Experience defining, owning and managing roadmap for delivering enterprise solutions
- Able to effectively coach, mentor, and identify and address skills needs and gaps
- Proficient in methods and techniques for running effective meetings and for understanding and influencing the roles played by participants.
- Displays good interpersonal skills at all levels of contact and in a wide variety of situations, demonstrating the ability to listen and influence, and to relate to customers in their own language.
- Demonstrates the ability to think critically, challenge conventional thinking and generate and apply unique business insight to create competitive advantage for the organization.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for timely delivery of Application services specifically in the Data Warehouse & reporting space through support of the technical design, participation in reviewing & understanding architectural decisions, Non-functional & Data Governance compliance as well as project delivery and project management
- Use a metrics-driven product development approach. Understand & communicate the business value of technical solutions and constraints for delivery features to business stakeholders.
- Recommends and implements innovative approaches and strategies to enhance and/or expand the data management technical/business operating status and working process base.
- Ensures achievement of data management program/project goals and contractual commitments within specified cost and schedule parameters.
- Deep technical understanding to interact with a cross functional team of architect, engineers in different geographic locations
- Ensure that the team has a well-defined backlog of valuable work & removes obstacles and roadblocks that impact the performance of the team.
- Using Agile metrics and tools to understand team performance and takes actions to improve the efficiency of the team.
- Mentors, coaches, and inspires team members to higher levels of performance. Ensures development plans are focused on enhancing skills and expertise needed within the team. This includes 1-on-1 situational coaching towards results, experimentation, and learning.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of a broad range of emerging technology trends and identifies opportunities where technology might be deployed to deliver business improvements and competitive advantage.
Our company is built on helping individuals and families, and this starts with our employees. We want employees to maintain a positive balance, which is why we provide access to the benefits and resources they need to invest in themselves. From our onsite fitness facilities and generous paid time off to employee professional development programs, we are committed to helping employees live and work their best – both inside and outside the office.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.