Job Posting End Date: 09/09
Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum's financial protection benefits help protect more than 36 million working people and their families from the financial impact of illness or injury. Unum's three distinct, but similarly focused US businesses – Unum US, Colonial Life, and Starmount Life – are each a market leader in making disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental, and vision insurance accessible in the workplace.
Headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Unum has significant US operations in Portland, Maine, Worcester, Massachusetts, and Glendale, California with over 35 field offices nationwide. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina with over 40 field offices nationwide. Starmount Life is based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and is the dental and vision center of excellence for Unum in the US.
General Summary:Looking for individuals to bring their curiosity and individuality to Unum, where you'll develop professional skills, get hands-on experience that will help you grow both personally and professionally.
You will join a team where your manager or team lead will assign you meaningful, challenging project work that culminates in an end-of-summer presentation to key business leaders. Your projects will require you to work independently as well as within teams.
Anticipated 2019 Paid Internships
- Benefit Operations
- Business Operations
- Human Resources
- Portland, ME
- Columbia, SC
- Chattanooga, TN
- Worcester, MA
- Work for the leader in the disability-based employee benefits marketplace & in a professional office setting.
- Contribute to meaningful project work that will leave a lasting impact on the business.
- Learn about departmental & corporate functions.
- Participate in a cross-functional business case challenge with other interns to solve for real business needs.
- Attend weekly information sessions & networking opportunities with senior leaders across enterprise locations.
- Take part in social & community service activities with fellow interns.
- Earn college credit for your internship. (Faculty/Hiring Manager pre-approvals are required)
- Relocation support is provided to eligible interns
- Candidate must be enrolled in an accredited college degree program. Preference given to rising seniors and first year graduate students.
- Required GPA of 3.3
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and on-campus involvement
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Must be proficient in MS Word and Excel software applications
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed on project work.
- Excellent communication skills
- Intern must be available to work approximately 40 hours per week during regular business hours.
- The internship program starts in early June 2020 and will last about 10-12 weeks
Unum and its family of businesses offer world-class training and development, generous compensation and benefits packages, and a culture built on employee ideas.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.