Maine Medical Center is looking for an intern for the summer to work within our Privacy and Security team on account management, auditing, third party oversight, and security related monitoring and troubleshooting. Responsibilities may include one or more of the following activities:
- Support third party risk management work through data collection, research, and security related auditing with oversight from senior IT security focused team members
- Develop operational understanding of identity and access management
- Utilize operational and technical knowledge to support access and account issues
- Support Security Event Monitoring with members of the Information Security Engineering team
- Assist with research and analysis activity for known or emerging threats
- Assist the Security engineering team in supporting any identified security incidents
- Work with Security engineering team to assist with security testing and validation process across a spectrum of technologies.
We’re looking for computer science and/or information technology degree students with a demonstrated focus/interest in Information/Cyber Security. Open to 3rdand 4thyear students. Knowledge of one or more core technologies, such as MS Windows Administration, network controls technology or Unix based controls preferred. Strong organizational, analytical and communications skills are important assets for a successful candidate.
Interns will be expected to work with several team members covering different aspects of IT risk/systems security and will report to either the manager or director on the team as appropriate.
We are looking for motivated individuals who are interested in gaining valuable, hands-on experience and making a real difference while working within the healthcare field. MaineHealth interns will have the exciting opportunity to work, learn, and develop their skills at the largest healthcare organization in Maine. Interns provide administrative and project support within their department, and are valued members of each department team.
This intern position will start mid May and end mid August.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
Student who is currently enrolled in a four-year degree program in pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Strong analytical thinking.
Must work independently, take initiative to complete assigned projects with minimal direction, and be able to prioritize tasks within an assigned project.
Ability to maintain confidentiality in the performance of duties.
Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and other technologies as needed.