Northern Light A.R. Gould
Department: Primary Care - Pediatric
Position is located:North Street Healthcare Mall
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Using ARG Standards of Behavior, demonstrates professionalism at all times with patients, visitors, and co-workers. A team player is necessary for this position of variable skills, organization and independent working environment. Fast paced setting requires independent thinking and ability and willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changes.
Patient Service Representative will be supervised and managed by the Manager overseeing the practice. He/she will report directly to the Practice Specialist or directly to the Manager in the absence of Practice Specialist for assistance/questions/concerns/issues regarding responsibilities (see Essential Duties below).
- Monitoring patient schedule; scheduling, rescheduling and following up on missed appointments
- Answer all telephone calls – forward where appropriate or take accurate messages with dates and times.
- Prepare charts, making new charts when appropriate.
- All aspects of patient registration (e.g. ensuring accuracy and completeness of information needed for registration, follow-up appointments as necessary, testing/procedures scheduling, collection of co-payments as applicable).
- Proper documentation of patient records.
- Tracking of provider documentation.
- Following ROI policy.
- Verifying encounters and posting charges appropriately
- Cash up sheet is generated and processed – Daily Log maintained if applicable.
- Maintain safety standards and report safety issues immediately.
- Maintain mandatory education compliance.
Competencies and skills:
* Achieves Results: Sets high standards for their own outcomes and seizes opportunities to engage others towards objectives. Consistently moves forward with direct actions in order to attain or exceed objectives. Manages their own time effectively to accomplish assigned tasks. Successfully prioritizes multiple projects and duties as needed.
* Demonstrates Adaptability: Learns quickly when facing a new problem or unfamiliar task; is flexible in their approach with changing priorities and ambiguity. Manages change effectively and does not give up during adversity. Capable of changing one's behavioral style and/or views in order to attain a goal. Absorbs new information readily and puts it into practice effectively.
* Demonstrates Emotional Intelligence: Exhibits a high level of self-awareness, self-management, other awareness and relationship management. Conducts themselves in an empathic, appropriate way, with a sense of humor and stimulates a collaborative work environment. Is respectful of the attitudes, feelings, or circumstances of others and aware of the influence of their own behavior on them. Is aware of relevant social, political, system, and professional trends and developments and uses this information for the organization's benefit.
* Ability to understand the language used to precisely describe the human body including its components, processes, conditions affecting it, and procedures performed upon it.
* No previous experience required.
* Provides Patient-Centered Care: Demonstrates understanding of patient care quality and service as organizational priority. Proactively supports change to improve patient experience and results. Exhibits the ability and willingness to find out what the patient wants and needs and to act accordingly, taking the organizational and outside resources into account. Cooperates, collaborates, communicates, and integrates care within and between teams to ensure that care is continuous and reliable.
* Resolves Conflict: Promptly acts to find alternatives/solutions when team members disagree. Addresses issues in a direct, honest, and appropriate manner. Handles conflicting interests diplomatically and helps to solve them. Transforms difficult situations into teachable moments using respect and accountability .
* Seeks Process Improvement & Applies System Thinking: Possesses and gains insight into situations, problems and processes. Understands the interconnection between organizational elements. Deconstructs problems and systematically investigates the various components. Considers the impact of actions on the entire process/system. Detects problems and opportunities, recognizes important information, and links various data to trace potential causes and relevant details.
* High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
* Potential exposure to abusive and/or aggressive people.
* Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
* Lifting, moving and loading 20 to 30 pounds.
* Continuous sitting.
* Continuous standing.
* Continuous walking.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status