Job Posting End Date: 02/14
Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum's financial protection benefits help protect more than 36 million working people and their families from the financial impact of illness or injury. Unum's three distinct, but similarly focused US businesses – Unum US, Colonial Life, and Starmount Life – are each a market leader in making disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental, and vision insurance accessible in the workplace.
Headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Unum has significant US operations in Portland, Maine, Worcester, Massachusetts, and Glendale, California with over 35 field offices nationwide. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina with over 40 field offices nationwide. Starmount Life is based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and is the dental and vision center of excellence for Unum in the US.
General Summary:The purpose of this position is to source and screen qualified candidates for a variety of entry level positions at Unum.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Successful execution of comprehensive sourcing and recruitment for exempt and non-exempt openings which positions Unum to meet current and ongoing staffing requirements.
- Development of strong rapport/working relationships with diverse audiences including but not limited to business management; faculty and academic administration; student organizations, vendors and community resources.
- Assist with on-campus recruitment efforts as needed (information sessions, career fairs, interviews).
- Meet recruiting goals and high-performance standards in a metric driven environment.
- Partner with Sr. Talent Acquisition Consultants or direct manager to develop alternative recruiting strategies as needed to attract diverse talent for all assigned requisitions.
- Promote the employee referral bonus program to create additional pools of quality talent.
- Strong technical aptitude: extensive use of internet as a vehicle for sourcing, job postings and researching; Ability to effectively utilize any recruiting systems for tracking and managing applicants; Ability to grasp MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma required. Associates degree or higher preferred.
- 1+ year of successful recruitment and selection experience or broad HR experience preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization and documentation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Solid relationship building skills.
- Excellent researching skills including internet-based research
- Experience with navigating through websites, databases and intra-internet use
Unum and its family of businesses offer world-class training and development, generous compensation and benefits packages, and a culture built on employee ideas.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.