Job Posting End Date: 06/28
Our Fortune 500 company is driving a digital transformation and looking for forward-thinking innovators to disrupt how our industry thinks about and uses technology. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers, we help millions of people gain affordable access to benefits that help them protect their families, their finances and their futures.
Are you an asker of questions, a solver of problems, and a challenger of the status quo? Our mission is to provide a differentiated customer experience and exceed the expectations people have of technology at any company — not just insurers.
We are seeking individuals to join our team of talented IT professionals who share never-ending passion and an unwavering focus on our customer experience. Team members comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced, and delivery-focused environment thrive in our environment where we value an entrepreneurial spirit and those who challenge the status-quo.
Unum is changing, and we’re excited about what’s next. Join us.
General Summary:We are looking for a dynamic leader for our Customer Acquisition/Customer Implementation (CACI) team, who will lead a team for the Quote and Proposal function.
The ideal candidate for a Technology Delivery Lead at Unum is someone who has experience in this technical discipline as an engineer or analyst and seeks to be a strong coach/player in this entry level management role.
We are looking for a highly motivated, results oriented individuals who can perform business analysis related to the following Customer Acquisition functions; Product pricing, Request for Quote, Underwriting, Case Submission, and Customer onboarding. Candidates should be able to demonstrate experience getting to the root of opportunities which can improve business efficiency and customer satisfaction. In order to advance the utilization of our digital technology the candidate should be able to collaborate closely with the Product Owner and the Scrum Team to ensure business needs, including business value, are well understood and any complexities in business design are negotiated to maximize the return on investment. As a member of a scrum team, the candidate may also conduct testing, data analysis, facilitation of team ceremonies, and production problem resolution. Current needs are for simplifying and modernizing Unum’s IRP Proposals and enhancing the Sales Force onboarding process.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or relevant technical experience.
- 5+ years’ technical experience in an IT field or equivalent relevant work experience
- Experience leading IT Teams of 6+ professionals (direct and/or indirect reports)
- Understanding of Agile/Lean leadership principles; proficient in agile team development as well as awareness of team training opportunities.
- Ability to effectively coach, mentor, and identify and address skills needs and gaps
- Ability to think critically and challenge conventional thinking
- Experience developing software with Microsoft .Net platform using C#
o .Net WinForms
o .Net Web applications
o .Net Web services
- Host Integration Service (HIS)
- DB2, SQL Server
- Jenkins, Octopus, Datical
- Exstream, Sequel Server Reporting Services, Sequel Server Integration Services, Active Reports
- IBM mainframe technologies (COBOL, DB2, JCL, DB2 stored procedures, VSAM, MQ)
- Teradata awareness (Integration with Data Warehouse)
- Ability to understand data structures and data modeling
- Ability to do wireframes via a tool such as Balsmiq
- IRP experience
- Experience with SalesForce’s out of the box offering, particularly with Sales and Onboarding
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieving the software/solutions/services delivery commitments of the team
- Maximizing the effectiveness of the team and takes actions to increase performance and effectiveness of the team. Which includes developing, mentoring and coaching team members. The role promotes and facilitates the professional development of team members and ensures plans are in place to elevate the performance of the team.
- May serve in a Scrum Master role for an agile team
- For Agile teams, works with business partners and team to translate the business strategy or roadmap into backlog items
- Responsible for ensuring that the agile team(s) apply best of breed software engineering practices including but not limited to – Test Driven Development, Peer Reviews, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment practices, unit and regression test automation, comprehensive approach to addressing Non-Functional Requirements (NFR), adherence to standards, comprehensive Definition of Done, team retrospectives, etc.
- Using Agile metrics and tools to understand team performance and efficiency and takes actions to improve the efficiency of the team.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of a broad range of emerging technology trends and identifies opportunities where technology might be deployed to deliver business improvements and competitive advantage.
Our company is built on helping individuals and families, and this starts with our employees. We want employees to maintain a positive balance, which is why we provide access to the benefits and resources they need to invest in themselves. From our onsite fitness facilities and generous paid time off to employee professional development programs, we are committed to helping employees live and work their best – both inside and outside the office.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.