- Position Summary
- The Registered Nurse (RN) at Memorial Hospital's Family Birthing Center coordinates total nursing care for patients ranging in age from infants to adult, as appropriate to discipline. Participates in patient and family teaching and provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary nursing and other members of the health care team in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Active State of NH nursing license
- Current BCLS required for all. ACLS required for critical care departments. Other certifications specific to department policies may be required
- Prior Birthing Center / OB experience required; at least two years’ experience preferred
- Knowledge of nursing processes; structure and functions
- Knowledge of chart/medical record documentation and terminology requirements and federal/state laws related to release of health care information
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary for interacting with patients, physicians, supervisors and other staff
- Skill in time management, problem solving, multitasking, prioritizing and medical care coordination
- Ability to calculate and administer drug dosages and injections and measure results
- Ability to respond the changing workload based on patient census and to direct, supervise and evaluate care in order to individualize nursing care provided to patients
- Ability to maintain professional manner even under stressful situations
- Proficient computer skills
About Memorial Hospital
Memorial Hospital is a not-for-profit 25-bed community hospital located in North Conway, NH, and is a member of the MaineHealth family. Memorial Hospital is recognized as a Top 100 Critical Access Hospital by the Rural Healthcare Association. We work hard to deliver quality healthcare close to home, with all the services of a large urban hospital.
Memorial Hospital is proud of the Culture of Excellence that our employees share with patients, guests and one another. We offer a family atmosphere that encourages teamwork, respect, communication, service and safety. Most of all, we are pleased to be part of the MaineHealth system of hospitals, working together so our communities are the healthiest in America.
The beautiful Mt. Washington Valley, located in New Hampshire’s White Mountains, is well known for tourism and offers its residents the perfect balance of working and playing. For more information on Mt. Washington Valley, visit www.mtwashingtonvalley.org.
For more information on career opportunities at Memorial Hospital, contact Beth Carpenter, Senior Recruiter/Talent Acquisition Partner at email@example.com or (603) 356-4939.