Position Title: Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Reports To: Chief Technology Officer
Position Status: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Effective Date: January 12, 2021
If you are energized by startup culture, don’t miss this opportunity to join a fast-growing B2B software company making an impact in a large global market. As a Software Quality Assurance Engineer at HighByte, you will be engaged in all phases of the software development life cycle and responsible for delivering the highest quality industrial software products to market. Your day-to-day work will leverage leading-edge technologies and will require collaborating with other areas of the business to understand product requirements needed to design, implement, and document test procedures, while regularly demonstrating progress to customers and peers. In addition, you will contribute to public-facing technical documentation, assist with customer success, and represent the company at applicable industry events.
- Contribute to quality assurance practices and processes with potential to lead a team
- Design, develop, modify automated and manual tests for new and existing software
- Analyze end-user market problems and requirements
- Direct system testing and validation procedures
- Contribute to product documentation
- Practice fail-fast agile methodologies
- Engage in peer reviews
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, partners, and end users
- Working experience in Java development
- Knowledge of unit test development
- Experience with various technologies (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Docker, REST, JSON, MQTT, Networks, and Security preferred)
- Familiar with various operating systems (Windows, Linux, and macOS)
- Understanding and practice with agile software development (SCRUM)
- Familiarity with industrial automation, IIoT, analytics, and/or machine learning a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 5+ years of professional software testing experience (B2B software preferred)
HighByte is an industrial software development company in Portland, Maine building off-the-shelf software that solves data architecture and security challenges for Industry 4.0. We’ve developed the first DataOps solution purpose-built to meet the unique requirements of industrial assets, products, and processes at the Edge. Learn more at https://highbyte.com.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of every responsibility associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position’s activities and requirements, HighByte reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.