Type: Full-time, Hourly
Location: Portland, ME or Hartford, CT
Tilson is a high growth team of driven professionals with a national practice. We are on a mission to build America’s information infrastructure. We accomplish this with a team of experts working collaboratively on meaningful, impactful projects for great clients. Our team environment fosters intellectual curiosity, motivates employees, and cultivates talented people who work with purpose, mastery and autonomy. We strive to listen to our clients, partner with them as a team, and accept their goals as our own.
Tilson has been recognized on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in the U.S. for eight years in a row.
The Field Technician will be responsible for conducting all field activities for telecommunications projects, with work functions including, but not limited to Desktop Feasibility Analysis on Google Earth, pole, conduit and site surveys, OSP field engineering and other tasks as assigned. Position includes full ownership of the task, schedule and deadlines. Candidate must be able to work independently and across functional groups, but also work as a team and take direction from Senior OSP Engineer/Project Manager. Position to be primarily in the field with minimal time focused on administrative tasks.
- Complete Google Earth analysis of potential candidates. Collect field data as well as review field collected data for accuracy and completeness.
- Complete field survey to contribute to make ready solution that meets NESC code. Participate in joint ride outs with utilities, as required.
- Participate in field survey to support conduit licensing across multiple utilities.
- Manage competing clients, projects and schedules with an attention to deliverable completion and deadlines.
- Understand all applicable codes, design and construction standards per project. Take ownership to seek out and understand the guidelines, review pole attachment agreements and NESC code.
- Process all fielding in required forms or formats for hand off or client deliverable.
- Must have a general understanding of accounting/invoicing processes.
- High school diploma or equivalent. College degree highly preferred.
- Ability to use smartphones, tablets, applications, and web-based programs to complete field or desktop surveys and upload results daily
- Surveying and field experience a plus
- Strong computer skills are a must
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills are a must
- Attention to detail is a must
- Wireless experience is a plus
- Comfort with Google Earth
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Valid driver’s license
Successful candidates will be required to submit to a criminal background check.
Tilson offers a competitive benefits package, including:
- Paid time off
- Healthcare, disability, dental and life insurance benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with automatic company contribution
- Entrepreneurial, highly technical and customer-focused work environment
Our mission is to serve our customers by building, integrating, and maintaining the information technology and communications infrastructure that enables great organizations to innovate and deliver.
Tilson is a world leader in executing information and communications technology projects to build a more connected world. We accomplish this with a team of experts working collaboratively on meaningful, impactful projects for great clients. Our team environment fosters intellectual curiosity, motivates employees, and cultivates talented people who work with purpose, mastery, and autonomy. We strive to listen to our clients, partner with them as a team, and accept their goals as our own.
We will run our business sustainably, for its financial health, its people and the public good. We believe in:
- Safety- above bottom line. Cutting corners is never an option.
- Integrity- we do what is right, even if doing so puts us at a temporary disadvantage.
- Accountability- everyone at Tilson is accountable for the work we do as a whole.
- Professionalism- be trusted by our clients to be their ‘get it done’ team.
- Respect- for our employees, clients, and partners.
- Composure- we are comfortable in chaos and trust that we will always find a way through any challenge.
Tilson is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer
Tilson provides equal opportunity to all employees on the basis of individual qualification without regard to race, sex, religion, color, age, national origin, physical and mental disability, genetic information and history, sexual orientation, or other category protected by state or federal law. Tilson does not discriminate in the recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, benefits, or any other condition of employment.
- Principals only. Recruiters should not contact Tilson.
- No phone calls please.