Mortgage Operations Administrator
FUNCTION: Assumes direct responsibility for the development, maintenance, testing and production for Consumer and Mortgage loan origination software as well as all interfaces. Develops and analyzes reporting that supports the operational, tactical and strategic objectives of the business line. Responsible for development, delivery and assessment of all training needs within Consumer and Mortgage Origination including but not limited to mortgage systems, originations and operations policies, guidelines and procedures. Leads and manages key projects associated with Consumer Lending and Residential Mortgage. Serves as the vendor relationship manager with all third party service providers ensuring service levels are adhered. Assists the Consumer and Mortgage Department Management to establish and implement the group’s priorities, project deliverables and the road map for the enterprise applications and systems.
- Oversees technology deliverables including LOS, third party providers and other Bank systems. Development of the functional system design, writing functional specifications, creation of testing plans, developing written procedures, business rules, flowcharts, reporting, screen definition, logical system flow, and implementation plans.
- Ensures all service level standards are documented and achieved by working closely with service providers and operations staff ensuring adequate performance and efficiencies.
- Makes recommendations to eliminate future production problems, service outages and/or create effectiveness.
- Collaborate and conducts needs assessments, including analysis and documentation of business needs and requirements for assigned projects and/or systems which leads to establishment of priorities and implementation.
- Assists in the formulation of the annual budget and operates within established cost controls.
- Responsible for a Learning and Development program for all Consumer and Mortgage personnel which delivers an employee experience that educates to meet the requirements of each position, build skills and enhance career development.
- Keeps current on federal and state lending regulations, investor requirements, bank policies and quality control requirements to ensure that Consumer and Mortgage LOS and all processes are fully compliant.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive plan for all fees included in a consumer or mortgage transaction.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments including IST, Compliance and Risk Management.
- Leads group in quality and integrated testing phases of systems, software, applications, documents and reports under development and/or revisions in order to identify and remedy potential problem areas.
- Will assume lead role in key projects and act as project manager in some initiatives.
- Develops and maintains all department procedures to facilitate training, adequate controls and permanent reference resource.
Compliance and Control:
- Assists in ensuring that the Bank is in compliance with local, state and federal regulations
- Comply with policies, procedures, security requirements, and government regulations.
- Interacts harmoniously and effectively with others, focusing upon the attainment of bank culture, goals and objectives through a commitment to teamwork.
- Conforms to acceptable punctuality/attendance standards as expressed in the Employee Handbook.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new challenges, handles pressure, adjusts plans to meet changing needs
- Initiative – Takes independent action, operates as a pro-active self starter, acts on opportunities, and practices self-development
- Integrity/Ethics – Deals with others in a straightforward, honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys news good or bad
- Interpersonal Skills – Has good listening skills,
- Vision/Values – Supports company mission/values through daily actions and decisions, communicates the Bank’s vision, mission and values to others, and incorporates vision when planning
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of investor requirements, state and federal regulations relating to consumer and mortgage origination.
- Works both independently and in a team-orientated, collaborative environment with management, technical employees, internal clients, contractors, vendors and customers.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to plan and facilitate meetings, handle multiple projects, changing priorities and concurrent deadlines.
- Excellent project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures and project lifecycle models.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in business, management information systems, computer science, or equivalent.
- Previous experience of consumer and residential mortgage business required, including strong knowledge of underwriting standards and guidelines.
- Knowledge of quality assurance best practices and methodologies for data integration, information services and application development.
Physical Demands/Conditions Requirements:
- General office environment.
- Moderate lifting (to 35 lbs.) required. Moderate reaching, walking, sitting and standing required.
- General office equipment.
External and internal applications, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on an individual basis.