Bangor Savings Bank is seeking a Midrange Application Engineer to join our IBM Midrange team. As a member of this team, you will create and support the software that helps drive our banking operations. This is a highly collaborative and dedicated team who are passionate about building innovative solutions that support our customers in achieving their financial dreams.About the RoleAs a full-time Midrange Application Engineer, you will develop solutions that support our innovative products and core banking operations. These often take for form of interactive programs, data transit and transformations, middleware, or automated workflows. You will also work with your team to understand our existing RPG codebase, suggesting improvements and modernizing where needed. This role requires strong interpersonal skills and balancing attention to detail with creativity, all in a safe-to-learn environment. The problems are often challenging, and the work is always rewarding. This position works out of our beautiful new campus in Bangor, Maine.
We Think you’ll be Excited About this Opportunity Because You Will…
- Be challenged and engaged, while working at a company that prioritizes a healthy work/life balance.
- Be invested in. Learning new technologies through training, conferences, and certifications.
- Participate in iterative design and be given the space to make mistakes, learn, and thrive.
- Get energized working with a team of passionate, supportive peers.
- See the connection between your work and the difference you make in our customers’ lives.
We’re Excited About You Because You…
- Are analytical, observe processes and trends; make recommendations for achieving our shared goals.
- Take initiative and are a self-starter.
- Are adaptable and see each change as an opportunity.
- Have integrity and ethics to deal with others in a straightforward, honest manner.
- Enjoy working with peers toward a shared vision.
- Are a great communicator.
- Have a strong organizational system.
- Enjoy diving deeply into your area of expertise.
- Strive to always learn and invest in your future.
You’ll Love Working at Bangor Savings Bank Because We…
- Are a vibrant, innovative, and progressive company.
- Care most about our employees, our customers, and our communities.
- Believe in empowering our employees to make decisions and trust each other to do the right thing.
- Are a technology and data-driven business with opportunities to work with emerging tech.
- Have an experienced and diverse leadership team that puts people first.
- Care about making the bank a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place for everyone.
- Work at our new campus on the waterfront in Bangor, Maine, and offer a hybrid work schedule.
Technical Experience We’re Looking For:
- 3 or more years of relevant experience developing software for IBM Power/i Systems using CL, Free RPG, and SQL.
- Solid understanding of IBM i OS and DB2.
- Experience with HelpSystems GoAnywhere, Automate, or other automation tools is a plus.
- Experience with Jack Henry Associates Silverlake or prior banking experience is preferred but not required.
Physical Demands/Conditions Requirements:
- General office environment
- Moderate lifting (to 35 lbs.) required. Moderate reaching, walking, sitting, and standing required
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of reasonable accommodations to be determined by management on an individual basis