Job Posting End Date: 04/23
Our Fortune 500 company is driving a digital transformation and looking for forward-thinking innovators to disrupt how our industry thinks about and uses technology. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers, we help millions of people gain affordable access to benefits that help them protect their families, their finances and their futures.
Are you an asker of questions, a solver of problems, and a challenger of the status quo? Our mission is to provide a differentiated customer experience and exceed the expectations people have of technology at any company — not just insurers.
We are seeking individuals to join our team of talented IT professionals who share never-ending passion and an unwavering focus on our customer experience. Team members comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced, and delivery-focused environment thrive in our environment where we value an entrepreneurial spirit and those who challenge the status-quo.
Unum is changing, and we’re excited about what’s next. Join us.
General Summary:Business Analyst II are responsible for working with the agile team and the Product Owner to define and document acceptance criteria with little to no oversight and exhibit a mastery of their functional area subject matter expertise and analytical skillset. They ensure the solutions delivered are of high quality by collaborating with their agile team members and by leveraging/using appropriate elicitation/documentation practices for the team. They are active team members who are able to accurately estimate work required to deliver software features. They use innovative and critical thinking skills applied to business process and needs to ensure digital solutions meet business value. The Business Analyst 2 role may mentor Business Analysts and Associate Business Analysts.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience working as part of an agile team
- Must have insurance industry experience
- Experience working as a Business Analyst on a software development team
- Passionate about the business direction, priorities, results, and customer experience.
- Clearly demonstrates analytical and critical thinking abilities
- Takes a logical, analytical approach to problem solving and pays close attention to detail
- Experience with Agile Development Methodologies
- Self motivated and results oriented
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong written communication skills to document and communication requirements
- Strong team player; able to work effectively within a team and more broadly with people from a variety of backgrounds and areas across the organization.
- Able to solve complex business problems and drive customer experience and operational efficiency objectives
- Takes an innovative approach to problem solving
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with Policy Administration systems and processes
- Experience writing SQL and understands database design
- IIBA certifications
- Elicit requirements using appropriate techniques (often times elicitation will require work on artifacts such as Personas, User Stories and/or Story Maps)
- Collaborates with Product Owners to manage and groom the backlog for the team
- Collaborates with the Product owner and relevant subject matter experts to lead the definition of concise and effective user stories with precise and accurate acceptance criteria that will be used by the team and product owner to ensure that stakeholder and product owner intent is effectively captured and developed
- Define the detailed design and acceptance criteria for a user story on a just-in-time/just-enough basis
- Review the acceptance criteria with the Team (Software Engineers and Test Engineers) to ensure agreement on testability so the team can drive toward getting the right tests automated to support continuous integration
- Collaborates with the team on the definition of done for business analysis tasks to ensure successful development of user stories
- Collaborates with business partners and the agile team to define, coordinate and at times execute Acceptance Testing
- Determine and use the most appropriate means of representing business requirements in the context of a specific change initiative, ensuring traceability back to the source
- Leads Story Decomposition to enable planning at the appropriate level of granularity that supports the just-in-time nature of agile approaches
- May take the lead in process mapping and decomposition
- Collaborates with the agile team during planning and interacts with the Scrum Master or Team Lead and product owner to agree sprint deliverables post sprint planning
- Collaborates with Business Analysts to ensure that the stories identified and defined are aligned with the Capability roadmap
- Has a detailed knowledge of business processes for assigned business portfolios and has suggestions or ideas on how to improve
- Gather requirements for persona of specific user experiences. Completes Information architecture and works with UXD resources to ensure excellent user experience is delivered.
- Evaluates native functionality from third party/cloud solutions and identifies opportunities to meet business needs
- Identify data sources and gather and analyze data relevant to processes impacted by the solutions being created
- Documents functional and non-functional specifications
- May lead the agile team with internal test execution, inclusive of documenting results, managing and tracking defects, and trouble-shooting issues that arise out of testing
- Collaborates with the Team (Architects, Software Engineers, Test Engineers, etc.) to ensure that the team defines, builds and produces features and solutions that meet or exceed what the Product Owner is expecting. Exhibits the technical acumen necessary to be a contributing member of solution design discussions.
- May perform configurations of third party/cloud solutions including page layouts, workflows, reporting and dashboards
- Ensures that the latest project progress is known to the agile team by ensuring Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools are up to date and participating in daily stand-ups outlining progress made, progress planned and detailing impediments
Our company is built on helping individuals and families, and this starts with our employees. We want employees to maintain a positive balance, which is why we provide access to the benefits and resources they need to invest in themselves. From our onsite fitness facilities and generous paid time off to employee professional development programs, we are committed to helping employees live and work their best – both inside and outside the office.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.