Commercial and Small Business Servicing Specialist - Bangor
Primary Job Function:
Responsible for helping to service the bank’s Commercial and Business loan portfolio while aiding in the implementation and execution of consistent controls to mitigate operational risk while providing exceptional levels of customer service to all internal and external clients.
Responds to requests in an efficient and thorough manner with a focus on prompt and knowledgeable resolutions and demonstrates and/or develops a high-level of proficiency with the bank’s core banking system (Jack Henry Silverlake) to perform loan file maintenance and other updates to the system. Verifies all maintenance performed is accurate and relevant to particular loan product(s).
- Responsible for understanding (and/or learning) the bank’s complex portfolio of Commercial and Business loan relationships as well as understanding (and/or learning) how complex lending deals are structured within the BSB loan portfolios.
- Uses knowledge of relationships and loan structure to ensure that impacts on related accounts and relationships are taken into consideration when processing loan modifications, as well as genera maintenance and research requests.
- Acts as a primary contact for the Commercial and Business Banking lending lines and aides in the development of necessary support structures, including monitoring and reporting of complex relationships, to ensure optimal customer service and processing accuracy and timeliness.
- Able to apply individualistic thinking to devise solutions to business process and product issues.
- Responsible for helping to ensure the bank adheres to federal (and state) regulations pertaining to:
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Community Reinvestment Act (CRA)
- National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
- Unfair or Deceptive Acts or Practices (UDAP)
- Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA)
- Ensures consistent compliance with policies and procedures and a constant state of internal and external audit readiness.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the Commercial and Business lending lines of business, and the Commercial and Small Business lending product set, including end-customer product usage and how products are structured.
- Responsible for self-study on topics relevant to Commercial and Small Business lending in order to ensure the bank’s loan operations are current. To this end, reaches out to internal lending groups, external law offices and insurance agencies and others to acquire necessary knowledge.
- Independently resolves complex customer issues accurately and timely, which often requires contact with internal departments, external law offices, insurance agencies, government agencies, credit bureaus, and others, as required.
- Actively seeks opportunities to maximize operational efficiency and accuracy by creatively developing and implementing improved processes that help to mitigate risk and improve the customer experience.
- Responsible for reporting to various government agencies including but not limited to CRA, FAME, SBA and other financial institutions.
- Acts as the bank interface to other financial institutions and outside investors for the purpose of accurately processing and reporting on complex loan participation deals.
- Ensures that approved operating policy and procedures are implemented and updated as necessary including regulatory changes.
- Ensures that the bank’s interest is secured by managing lien perfection on collateral secured accounts and ensures accuracy of reporting with state agencies for collateralized loans.
- Processes payments, reconciles accounts and provide allocations to various financial institutions and/or government entities.
- Evaluates equipment line requests and coordinates advances and credits to appropriate accounts in accordance with policy and established procedures.
- Evaluates customer/loan officer requests for account modification/renewal for accuracy before conducting required transactions.
- Reviews and evaluates periodic reconciliations for specific general ledger accounts to assist in identifying and managing loan exceptions.
- Conducts various maintenance activities to update system as changes in processes occur
- Tracks policy and documentation exceptions and works with loan origination areas and risk to devise ways to improve overall loan operations timeliness and accuracy.
- Interacts harmoniously and effectively with others, focusing upon the attainment of bank goals and objectives through a commitment to teamwork.
- Conforms to acceptable punctuality/attendance standards as expressed in the Employee Handbook
- Performs additional duties as assigned including providing training to newly hired colleagues.
Functional Areas/Tasks Include:
- New Loan Documentation Review
- New Loan Booking to Core System (Jack Henry Silverlake)
- Loan Modifications & Renewal Processing
- Equipment Line of Credit Servicing
- Floor Plan Line of Credit Servicing
- Loan Participation Servicing
- FAME Reporting
- SBA Reporting
- Collateral Tracking & Discharging
- General Ledger Reconciliation
- Loan Account Maintenance
Creativity/Innovation – Looks for opportunities to increase efficiency and effectiveness throughout the department. Has ability to constructively challenge assumptions and seek/develop new and different ways to improve performance and engagement throughout department.
Adaptability/Flexibility – Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new challenges, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
Proactivity/Initiative – Takes independent action, operates as a pro-active self-starter, and acts on opportunities, practices self-development.
Integrity/Ethics – Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys news good or bad.
Interpersonal Skills – Has excellent communication skills, both written and verbal as well as the ability to exhibit active listening skills and being open other viewpoints, perspectives, etc.
Organizational Skills – Able to effectively manage, prioritize and keep track of multiple tasks/projects/requests at any given time.
Vision/Values – Supports company mission/values through daily actions and decisions, communicates the Bank’s vision, mission and values to others, and incorporates vision when planning
- College Degree Preferred
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
- Banking and/or Loan Experience Helpful
- Committed to providing exceptional customer service
- Strong computer skills with the desire to learn and apply new technology
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, verbal and written
- Proven ability to meet goals and standards and perform in a fast-paced, challenging work environment
- Capacity to work with little supervision and make independent decisions
- Ability to research and solve problems
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently and prioritize accordingly
- Required to attend ongoing training sessions to improve professional skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / CONDITIONS:
- General office environment
- Moderate lifting (to 35 lbs.) required. Moderate reaching, walking, sitting and standing required
External and internal applications, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential functions either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on an individual basis.