The DevOps Solutions Architect defines, communicates, and manages the execution of MEMIC’s tactical plan to streamline delivery of software and configuration and enable continuous improvement through automation and integration. Working in collaboration with IT development and infrastructure teams, the incumbent implements and maintains automation toolsets for configuration management, infrastructure, and application deployment processes.
The architect serves as a trusted advisor to IT and business leaders, keeping abreast of new technologies and trends with an eye towards both efficiency and innovation, and is a mentor to help other IT staff grow and learn.
- Identifies viable solutions and roadmaps for system integrations that meet the needs of the company and align with our strategic goals.
- Supports small or large, complex application deployments, configuration settings, and database migrations through the use of the automated deployment systems and scripting tools.
- Serves as a primary point of contact and subject matter expert for web application deployment related issues, concerns, and needs.
- Designs, develops, and implements solutions to further expand our use of deployment and test automation technology across the organization in accordance with business objectives.
- Interacts with other IT teams to share technical expertise.
- Effectively translates use cases and requirements into repeatable processes and system designs.
- Assists and provides technical quality oversight at various points throughout a project lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field plus 5 or more years of experience in system administration, software development, IT engineering, and / or IT architecture or an equivalent combination required.
- Familiarity with .NET and ASP.NET web application development and administration preferred.
- Proficiency with SQL Server 2012 or higher and Microsoft Windows Server technologies including Internet Information Server (IIS) is required.
- Experience working with source control systems such as Git or TFS in a team environment is required.
- Involvement with the Software Development Life Cycle from problem definition, requirements definition, design, development, testing, and implementation; including agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently deliver on customer expectations by producing high quality products in a timely and efficient manner.
- Must be resourceful, creative, and outcomes-oriented, with the ability to take initiative and address problems cooperatively.
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups. Demonstrated ability to build consensus among many stakeholders.
- Experience automating deployments with tools such as Octopus Deploy, Puppet, Chef, or Ansible required. Proficiency with PowerShell and other scripting languages preferred.
MEMIC is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetics, gender identity, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law