The Department of Business at the University of New England seeks applications for adjunct lecturers to teach to “Innovation through Technology” course during the Fall 2019 semester.
- Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply for this position, please submit the following material:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Names and contact information for two professional references
The adjunct lecturer will serve as the primary instructor of Innovation through Technology (Mondays and Wednesdays, 9:30-10:50 am).
This course explores management best practices of innovation using information systems technology as well as new, trending, emerging, and disruptive technologies. Information systems common in organizations, businesses, and society are examined. Focus is placed on preparing students to use critical thinking skills to analyze and solve problems and find opportunities. Hands-on active learning projects are employed to create innovation through the use of enabling technologies and management implementation methods, including rapid prototyping web/social media applications, conceptual designs of apps, and basic coding of small computers such as Raspberry Pi’s/Arduinos.
- Minimum qualifications:
- A master’s degree in computer technology, business, or a related interdisciplinary field is required; Ph.D. preferred.
- Experience teaching disruptive technologies, social innovation, and entrepreneurship in a lab-based setting.
- Industry experience in applying social innovation and entrepreneurship concepts, Business Model Canvas, and value proposition.
- A commitment to project-based, interdisciplinary team learning.
For more information, contact the Department Chair, Tami Gower, email@example.com or (207) 602-2557.