The Staff Auditor participates in executing all aspects of an audit, including planning, documentation of process flows, execution of various audit programs, and fieldwork testing at various government entities, schools, water districts, non-profits and for-profits around the states of Maine and Vermont.
TRAVEL IS A MUST! If you are not ok with potentially staying in a hotel for 4-5 nights per week, this is not the job for you.
Currently, we are working mostly remote, but still travel to client's offices regularly.
The mission of the Audit Team is to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the client’s operations. It helps the client accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
- Gain comprehensive understanding of auditable entity’s operations, processes, policies and procedures, industry standards, and business objectives. Apply that knowledge on engagements.
- Through training, as appropriate, gain a thorough understanding of business operations, potential risks, and appropriate controls.
- Perform financial, operational, and compliance internal audit reviews and other special projects.
- Assist in planning the scope of work for each assigned engagement.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls as well as compliance with company policies and procedures of key processes across the organization.
- Identify control weaknesses, accounting/reporting deficiencies and/or business productivity/efficiency opportunities.
- Document and review process flow narratives, identify key controls, perform and review testing and document conclusions effectively.
- Work with management to identify corrective actions for improvement given existing business and control risks and other cost-benefit considerations. Discuss findings with various levels of management.
- Interact with all levels of personnel within varying departments across the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance or related business field
- 1 to 3 years of governmental or non-profit audit experience or education a plus
- Adaptable, dynamic, team player with initiative who wants strong career development opportunities
- Interpersonal skills are essential. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of personnel
- Willingness and ability to travel to engagements
- Active pursuit of professional designations (e.g. CPA, CIA, CISA or related qualification) is desired
RHR Smith & Company offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, 401K match, and career mobility. For more information about our company, please visit us at: www.rhrsmith.com We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. RHR Smith & Company is an EOE employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year DOE