Customer Technologies Specialist - Associate
Northern Light Health Home Office
Schedule: Regular Full-time
This is a Home Office position located at Northern Light Maine Coast Hospital.
The associate customer technologies specialist deploys, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs a variety of customer hardware and software throughout Northern Light Health. The Specialist completes routine tasks related to projects and technical requests and provides Tier 1 and Tier 2 support in all areas of the departmental service portfolio. The Associate Customer Technologies Specialist typically works as directed by their supervisor.
Job Functions and Duties:
The Associate Customer Technologies Specialist deploys, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs a variety of customer hardware and software throughout Northern Light Health. The Specialist completes routine tasks related to projects and technical requests and provides Tier 1 and Tier 2 support in all areas of the departmental service portfolio. The Associate Customer Technologies Specialist typically works as directed by their supervisor.
Provides excellent customer service to all levels of employees including customers, peers, and leadership. Participates and engages in team meetings, team building activities, and other opportunities to strengthen the department. Leads by example.
Communicates in a professional, positive and timely manner in person, on the phone, and via electronic means. Represents the department and company in a positive and professional manner. Executes project-related tasks.
Adheres to all Northern Light Health and departmental policies and procedures. Accurately follows documentation and checklists to ensure efficiency and consistency. Uses routine troubleshooting methodologies that provide efficient, effective resolution and minimize impact to the customer. Maintains detailed and accurate records in workload management, asset management and administrative applications. Adheres to deadlines.
Actively maintains education and cross-training on all departmental areas of expertise. Maintains required certifications and attends training when available and appropriate. Participates in inter- and intra-departmental committees and groups as requested by supervisor.
Works conscientiously to minimize cost and time requirements in all areas of departmental responsibility.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent; associate's degree preferred.
• Ability to obtain A+ certification within 6 months.
• Ability to obtain Lenovo certification within 3 months.
• At least 1 year relevant computer-related experience required; 2 years preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a professional business manner and ability to interact with people of differing professional levels.
• Experience with the deployment, repair and maintenance of typical customer computer hardware such as workstations, laptops, IP phones, smartphones, tablets, printers, copiers, and scanners.
• Experience with the deployment, repair and maintenance of typical customer software such as the Microsoft Office Suite and Windows operating systems.
• Familiarity with general networking and customer/server concepts.
Supervision Received (ability to act independently)
• Reports to the applicable Regional Manager of Technology Support Services.
Typical Contacts (Internal/External)
• All levels of customers at Northern Light Health including peers, leadership, clinical and administrative staff.
• Works in a normal office environment, requiring the ability to frequently respond to unpredictable situations.
• Must be able to work and think independently.
• Must be willing to travel by air and ground.
• Tolerance for frequent interruptions.
• Must be able to speak and communicate clearly and effectively.
• Must be able to hear speech.
• Must be able to adapt to frequently changing work priorities.
• Must be able to travel to various Northern Light Health sites.
• Must be able to lift, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Share this job